Post-Game Talk: GAME #56: Canucks 4 vs. Flames 3 (S/O): Markstrom masterclass, EP gets his 50th point

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
What a hilarious win. Completely dominated start to finish. Should have been blown out.

Good:

- Markstrom stole this game. Has been so much better than his numbers playing behind this porous defense.

- Pettersson was really our only pushback and he and Boeser were our entire offense.

Bad :

- literally everyone else. Sutter and Granlund destroyed. Gudbranson horrific. Biega with his worst game of the season.

Pretty much sums things up. This is why I just shake my head when anyone says we're only a piece or two away from ending the rebuild. It's more like we only have a handful to build on and the rest needs to be thrown away.

Reactions: RainbowDeathBunny

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Based on what?

Tomato analytics that I’ve compiled on my spreadsheet. ;)

Sorry guys I’m drunk. Canucks got curb stomped tonight but you know what? It’s the way she goes sometimes. Hang in there, keep fighting, and good things can happen. Montreal and LA have made no apologies in the past for stealing games with Quickie and Price, so why should we?

Can’t recall Czeck Republic in Nagano or the Sabres in 1999 apologizing for riding Hasek.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Not much to say about that one, Cancks had no right winning and would've been blown out if Markstrom didn't stand on his head, continuing to make his case for MVP of this Canucks season.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
God:
Markstrom

Good:
Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Stecher, Hutton

Bad:
Everyone else on D. Sutter, Eriksson, and Virtanen were especially bad.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Sutter Eriksson Granlund are just absolute passengers right now

Biega Gudbranson and Pouliot are trash top6 defenseman

So happy for Leivo Stecher Hutton Markstrom and even Virtanen who wasnt good tonight but are becoming good NHlers and glue guys to support Petey Brock and Bo

Motte and Roussel as usual busting it all over

Tanev Beagle Goldobin were ok

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Call the Coppers!....Markstrom just committed highway robbery in broad daylight. Playing behind the most atrocious blueline in the entire NHL, he's in a zone. With that kind of goaltending, anything is possible.

This game should embolden Jimbo...trade Sutter, trade Eriksson, trade Gudbranson...hell, trade anybody not named Pettersson, Boeser and Horvat and Markstrom.

Reactions: RainbowDeathBunny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->