Post-Game Talk: GAME #56: Canucks 4 vs. Flames 3 (S/O): Markstrom masterclass, EP gets his 50th point

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
I didn’t see his name at first and thought we finally scratched Gudbranson, but he’s playing on the top pairing...barf.

Reactions: geebaan

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
While we'll be fortunate to go .500 for the rest of the season, I'm enjoying our situation.

Who the hell thought we'd be in contention for a wildcard? I sure didn't. If by some miracle we get in, I'm going to enjoy the experience, and I hope the young'uns do, too. Sure, we'll probably go out in the 1st round, but that beats out finishing 1 or 2 lower spots for the draft. And, getting to see EP and Boeser (and Hughes?) play for a little bit longer is a plus for me.
If we don't make the playoffs, well hey, we get a "chance" to pick 1-3 in the lottery draft. :nod:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Enjoy it while you can....Minny and St. Louis are too good to remain in this dog-patch for very long. I suspect the Canucks will be 8 points below the playoff bar by the end of February, which might not be such a bad thing if it happens before the TDL. Then they could make moves with being seen to 'jeopardize' their playoff chances.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
While we'll be fortunate to go .500 for the rest of the season, I'm enjoying our situation.

Who the hell thought we'd be in contention for a wildcard? I sure didn't. If by some miracle we get in, I'm going to enjoy the experience, and I hope the young'uns do, too. Sure, we'll probably go out in the 1st round, but that beats out finishing 1 or 2 lower spots for the draft. And, getting to see EP and Boeser (and Hughes?) play for a little bit longer is a plus for me.
If we don't make the playoffs, well hey, we get a "chance" to pick 1-3 in the lottery draft. :nod:
Honestly
Would rather get swept in first round and pick 15th, then miss the playoffs and pick 14th or 13th

Reactions: Canuckle1970

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I wish they didn’t punish Tanev by making him baby sit awful partners. It’s going to be a breath of fresh air for him when Hughes pairs up with him and he can just sit back and defend.

I'm looking forward to all the times Hughes turns over the puck trying to make a high-risk play, and Gudbranson being completely useless at covering for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad