Post-Game Talk: GAME #56: Canucks 4 vs. Flames 3 (S/O): Markstrom masterclass, EP gets his 50th point

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
CrahUbo.jpg

Reactions: lindgren

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
The Canucks match up well against Calgary and have beat them twice already this year. Last week Burke was talking about the Canucks on the panel and he goes 'The Canucks aren't buyers at the deadline, if you make the wildcard spot then get yer buts kicked in the first round' I don't think it would hurt to add depth for a mid round pick but no they aren't really buyers this year but he says that because he knows they'll knock off his beloved Flames in the first round. They don't want to play the Canucks.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Our playoff odds are getting lower and chances are they're lower still after tonight. Isn't Calgary the 2nd best team in the league?

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Always love games against Calgary. Would love a win, but without Edler, it's going to be even tougher.

Would be sweet if EP had another 2 pointer, but I doubt Smith will be in goal. No blow out, please, unless it's in our favor.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks need to win and need 7 teams to lose tonight.
Not looking good so far....both Minny and St. Louis are winning and Colorado tied. Unless the Canucks start picking it up in a hurry they'll start to lose serious ground.

I know the spinmeisters on the house radio station are repeating the Canucks mantra that "it's important'for young players to play meaningful games in March". Of course that begs the question, if you play 'meaningful games in March, your veterans continue to under-perform and you lose most of them, then where are you really?

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Not looking good so far....both Minny and St. Louis are winning and Colorado tied. Unless the Canucks start picking it up in a hurry they'll start to lose serious ground.

I know the spinmeisters on the house radio station are repeating the Canucks mantra that "it's important'for young players to play meaningful games in March". Of course that begs the question, if you play 'meaningful games in March, your veterans continue to under-perform and you lose most of them, then where are you really?

yeah with the games played they have in hand can't see us making it over either of them

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The Canucks match up well against Calgary and have beat them twice already this year. Last week Burke was talking about the Canucks on the panel and he goes 'The Canucks aren't buyers at the deadline, if you make the wildcard spot then get yer buts kicked in the first round' I don't think it would hurt to add depth for a mid round pick but no they aren't really buyers this year but he says that because he knows they'll knock off his beloved Flames in the first round. They don't want to play the Canucks.
Agreed..I don't think the Flames would want to play the Canucks (IF they made the playoffs) either..All it would take is a few flubs by the Flames goaltending, and all those old doubts would start creeping back in again.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Man that defense is horrific without Edler. Goes to show that management has no choice but to sign him in order to keep the team afloat the next couple seasons.

Going to need a big game from Markstrom.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Sort of getting old how players keep sitting after they are called up. Happens just about every time.

I imagine Green’s icing the best team iho but there comes a point when you need to give players opportunity for their development.

Certain points it seems like the Canucks value practise time more than game play.

Can anyone actually say that the Canucks would be downgrading by playing Breeze bah over Pouliot?

Little bit of a double standard starting to show face. Goldy and other young players make mistakes and they sit.

Yet, Gudbranson makes turnover after turnover. Ice after ice. Gets beat over and over in luck battles. Gets every point shot blocked. Doesn’t hit. Doesn’t score. Rarely fights and usually not at the right time.

But like a defective robot walking into the wall he continues to play. I mean are there no better options?

Can’t wait for Hughes to come and sit in favour of Gudbranson and Pouliot.

That’s a rant yes I know but it’s getting old watching these young guys sitting in favour of these vets who deserve to sit.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Hughes should come in already this season. He would be canucks nr1 right way. Why arent they getting him to big club if they plan to make playoffs?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Kinda losing steam as a hockey fan, dont think we gotta chance in this one. Sorry guys dont mean to be so negative but getting close to thats it

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
watching this game because its always fun to see if Pettersson or Boeser score points.
Yep...as long Pettersson and Boeser wrack up some points, the rest really doesn't matter much to me. At the end of the day, the Canucks need a lottery pick a lot more than meaningless playoff games, which are a longshot anyway.

And with the current state of the blueline, it's hard to imagine this team even staying the in the playoff race, much less doing anything even if they got there.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Kinda losing steam as a hockey fan, dont think we gotta chance in this one. Sorry guys dont mean to be so negative but getting close to thats it

Don’t blame ya, I’m feeling the burn out of seeing this team stutter and then win and then stutter.

I like the playoff hunt a lot but we sure aren’t showing well

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
It’s definitely not a coincidence that we’ve been “in it” the past few years until the play ramps up and then we nosedive. I don’t see much different with this team unfortunately.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
I think we're gonna lose again. Called it when Edler went down, I think the losing streak continues on far past tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad