Post-Game Talk: Game 56 - Bruins 4 Arizona 2 F - BEEP!! BEEP!!

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
what is that now … 5 game winning streak? outscored opposition 17-5?

and yet... a lot of the fans still think we are playing like... crap?

we arent strong enough... no depth... marchand must be hurt... chara is so old he cant keep people from going wide... McAvoy is looking like a bust

Washington and st louis are falling off... give them props for having strong seasons but not as strong as us... we are in first place and finished our mini-slump. we got like 2/3 the regulation loses of any team in nhl except 1... only 10 for us... minimum 15 for those guys

we dont rollover... we dont play dead... we battle battle battle and we win win win

our one and ONLY weakness is the rodeo... the trick shot competition... and that aint a thing in real time playoff action

im sorry boys and girls... you better plan on a lot of nights around the tv this june. looks like our team is going to be interfering in our summertime plans again
They look good. I also want them playing great in April. Easy to win now just ask Tampa last year. Love Kuhlman but he can’t score. Get a great 2RW

Reactions: TOR1970Cup

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
The more I see how dominant this team is, it's highly unlikely theyll do something idiotic like to trade Krug.I
Well let's hope, anyways.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
They didn't miss it. They saw it and gave Crouse just a minor for roughing. So we have two hits that make head contact - one sloppy and one intentional - and the reckless one gets a match penalty and the deliberate one just 2 mins.

I thought Lauzon's hit deserved 5 mins and, looking at it in isolation, I wouldn't think it unfair if he gets a one game suspension for it. But getting tossed plus a likely suspension verses 2 minutes for the other guy just isn't defensible. I find the league's approach really confusing. They make noises about wanting to protect players' heads, they prevent a lot of fights, every now and then they make an example of players who make head contact, and you think they'd want to be placing a premium on player safety to avoid potential lawsuits and negative press. But they're wildly inconsistent in how they police games. A lot of cheap shots and predatory hits get nothing, and a lot of nasty stuff is let go in the playoffs, especially if it suits the league in making games more competitive and 'exciting'. It's baffling.

Yeah, they called it but they missed it being a major, which it should have. I thought it was just as bad as the Lauzon hit.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
When will we stop expecting any kind of consistency from the league office? It’s not something they do. Compare/contrast hits all you want, it doesn’t matter. One guy gets suspended for a certain set of BS, the other they find some BS to justify going the opposite direction. None of us should put any hope for rational thought into the process. And under such a system, considering that there might be bias involved is far from crazy. It’s the kind of guide-less operation that makes such things all too easy. They do what they want, frame the BS to fit their needs, and that’s that.

I lost any respect for the process I had left after Boro fed Vaak his forearm and they officially soft sold it as net defense. The league itself! A league supposedly all about deterring head shots. Laughable clown show.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
It is complete bs.
I don't watch non Bruins games, but i hear it happens to other teams as well, but it never happens to the other teams when they play the Bruins. B's get b.s. calls all the time. That call on Pasta, 3 or 4 years ago, when he clocked that NYR who was playing a puck out of the air, and got a similar crappy call and suspension.
Tell that to my leaf fan father. He thinks the bruins pay the refs or something.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
TB was the hottest team going into the playoffs last season...just saying.

If a team gets into the playoffs anything can happen

I agree with you Ladyfan but last year is history. I would like to see the Bruins keep the edge and the point differential with TB. Burn out TB but the Bruins can't allow what happened yesterday against a cellar dweller.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->