Post-Game Talk: Game 56 - Bruins 4 Arizona 2 F - BEEP!! BEEP!!

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The ref that called penalty on Lauzon was inside Bruins blueline when arm went up.Now penalty or not how in the hell can he see from there and be sure?This to me is a major flaw with how games are officiated.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
The ref that called penalty on Lauzon was inside Bruins blueline when arm went up.Now penalty or not how in the hell can he see from there and be sure?This to me is a major flaw with how games are officiated.

the part that baffled me was they even replayed it and still made the wrong call. They shouldve changed it to a 2min after reviewing it.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Can't wait for an example to made with this one lmao. Watch him get 2-3 games.
Honestly, I don't even know anymore. There have been countless hits where players have followed through on their checks where the principal point of contact was not the head, but the head did receive contact. Most of those did not result in suspensions. Blindside hits aren't always suspendable either based on prior rulings.

The hit could be deemed reckless given the amount of speed Lauzon had at the time of following through with a check, but it wasn't charging.

I guess elbowing someone in the head will only result in a penalty. I agree with Kassian's comments about the DOPS.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Honestly he deserves a game or 2 but so does Arizona's guy.

I'm not upset about the possible suspension but I'm pissed about the inconsistency of the refs.

I think a game is more than fine. Stepan returned and while he caught chin, it didn't seem like he was going for the head. A bit blindsided but Crouse's hit on McAvoy was worse in all areas but he doesn't get anything.

I just don't understand how you can be this incompetent and never have to answer. This goes for both the officials and that mustached idiot Parros.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I think a game is more than fine. Stepan returned and while he caught chin, it didn't seem like he was going for the head. A bit blindsided but Crouse's hit on McAvoy was worse in all areas but he doesn't get anything.

I just don't understand how you can be this incompetent and never have to answer. This goes for both the officials and that mustached idiot Parros.
100% agree. No ill intent just too caught up in the moment and made a dumb split second choice.

Parros needs to be fired for his terrible job as do a few of these refs.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
what is that now … 5 game winning streak? outscored opposition 17-5?

and yet... a lot of the fans still think we are playing like... crap?

we arent strong enough... no depth... marchand must be hurt... chara is so old he cant keep people from going wide... McAvoy is looking like a bust

Washington and st louis are falling off... give them props for having strong seasons but not as strong as us... we are in first place and finished our mini-slump. we got like 2/3 the regulation loses of any team in nhl except 1... only 10 for us... minimum 15 for those guys

we dont rollover... we dont play dead... we battle battle battle and we win win win

our one and ONLY weakness is the rodeo... the trick shot competition... and that aint a thing in real time playoff action

im sorry boys and girls... you better plan on a lot of nights around the tv this june. looks like our team is going to be interfering in our summertime plans again

we arent strong enough... no depth... marchand must be hurt... chara is so old he cant keep people from going wide... McAvoy is looking like a bust

Washington and st louis are falling off... give them props for having strong seasons but not as strong as us... we are in first place and finished our mini-slump. we got like 2/3 the regulation loses of any team in nhl except 1... only 10 for us... minimum 15 for those guys

we dont rollover... we dont play dead... we battle battle battle and we win win win

our one and ONLY weakness is the rodeo... the trick shot competition... and that aint a thing in real time playoff action

im sorry boys and girls... you better plan on a lot of nights around the tv this june. looks like our team is going to be interfering in our summertime plans again

Agree with almost everything.....still want another legit top 6 forward.

Don’t care who goes as long as the top 9 is better after the deadline.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Agree with almost everything.....still want another legit top 6 forward.

Don’t care who goes as long as the top 9 is better after the deadline.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I don't know how in the hell they can suspend Lauzon for his hit. He didn't leave his feet. He made contact with the body first. The head was absolutely NOT the primary point of contact. There was no revenge involved. Funny that you could argue that the hit on McAvoy was pretty much the opposite -- head was primary, and only, point of contact. Revenge could have very well been involved as well. Lauzon getting a match was one of the weakest plays this season in which a player has been booted. There have literally been dozens of plays I have seen this season throughout the NHL that have been worse than what Lauzon did with no suspensions resulting.

Absolute dog shit call from these f***ing joke refs. Kid finishes his check like he should, no malice or intent whatsoever. And all of a sudden he's kicked out. It's a f***ing disgrace.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Absolute dog **** call from these ****ing joke refs. Kid finishes his check like he should, no malice or intent whatsoever. And all of a sudden he's kicked out. It's a ****ing disgrace.
And to think the straight elbow to McAvoy's head with all the intent in the world has not been announced as having a hearing, yet player safety has scheduled a hearing with Lauzon, who hit the body as the primary point of contact. This is the kind of inconsistent bullshit that makes my foot inch closer and closer to walking out the door on this league. It's not like this kind of thing is rocket science when all the replays show what happened in both plays.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
And to think the straight elbow to McAvoy's head with all the intent in the world has not been announced as having a hearing, yet player safety has scheduled a hearing with Lauzon, who hit the body as the primary point of contact. This is the kind of inconsistent bull**** that makes my foot inch closer and closer to walking out the door on this league. It's not like this kind of thing is rocket science when all the replays show what happened in both plays.

What really pisses me off is anyone who's played at a decent level can tell when shit is going down or is intentional & this wasn't even close. It was a total nothing play.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
And to think the straight elbow to McAvoy's head with all the intent in the world has not been announced as having a hearing, yet player safety has scheduled a hearing with Lauzon, who hit the body as the primary point of contact. This is the kind of inconsistent bull**** that makes my foot inch closer and closer to walking out the door on this league. It's not like this kind of thing is rocket science when all the replays show what happened in both plays.
It is complete bs.
I don't watch non Bruins games, but i hear it happens to other teams as well, but it never happens to the other teams when they play the Bruins. B's get b.s. calls all the time. That call on Pasta, 3 or 4 years ago, when he clocked that NYR who was playing a puck out of the air, and got a similar crappy call and suspension.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

The only thing that could be a concern is that Tampa is only five points behind with a game in hand . That of course will be two after tomorrow.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

What difference did it make as they reviewed the hit
on replay. The replay thru the glass showed Lauzon
IMO grazing Stepans UB and making to much
contact with his head and neck.

I wasn't at all surprised he was tossed and texted that
right away.

Crouse's was even worse.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
What difference did it make as they reviewed the hit
on replay. The replay thru the glass showed Lauzon
IMO grazing Stepans UB and making to much
contact with his head and neck.

I wasn't at all surprised he was tossed and texted that
right away.

Crouse's was even worse.

How is Crouse's worse when gloves got him in face?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Agreed. Refs missed that one big time.

They didn't miss it. They saw it and gave Crouse just a minor for roughing. So we have two hits that make head contact - one sloppy and one intentional - and the reckless one gets a match penalty and the deliberate one just 2 mins.

I thought Lauzon's hit deserved 5 mins and, looking at it in isolation, I wouldn't think it unfair if he gets a one game suspension for it. But getting tossed plus a likely suspension verses 2 minutes for the other guy just isn't defensible. I find the league's approach really confusing. They make noises about wanting to protect players' heads, they prevent a lot of fights, every now and then they make an example of players who make head contact, and you think they'd want to be placing a premium on player safety to avoid potential lawsuits and negative press. But they're wildly inconsistent in how they police games. A lot of cheap shots and predatory hits get nothing, and a lot of nasty stuff is let go in the playoffs, especially if it suits the league in making games more competitive and 'exciting'. It's baffling.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad