GDT: Game 55: Senators @ Avalanche (Government Edition)

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
This would have been the perfect game to call up Bowers, weaker opponent and play the kid against the team that traded him. Damn the lack of theatrics in the Avs front office!

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Keep an eye out for late scratches on Ottawa’s side, apparently something going on there.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The sucky thing tho, is without Kads out there to win the FO, they're back to the last couple years model of losing the FO 90% of the time and chasing the puck and trying to get into the zone for the first :45 - 1:00+ of the PP before getting set up.
The top unit's been crap when the puck's in the zone and they're moving it around, may as well go back to MacKinnon skating in with it and hoping whichever beer league ringers Ottawa has on defence fall over a lot

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The great thing about Nuke is you know that he won't change his approach one bit despite being taken off the second line.

Landy-Compher-Donskoi has been a thing already this season I'm pretty sure, I think they're hoping there'll be some familiarity between the three of them that can jump start something early. Otherwise you can be sure Bednar will blend things by the end of the first period.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Our best option is to move Compher to 2C and have Kamenev at 3C.
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Nuke-Compher-Burakovsky
Jost-Kamenev-Donskoi
Nieto-Bellemare-Calvert

Calvert-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Nuke-Kamanev-Burakovsky
Landeskog-Compher-Donskoi
Nieto-Bellemare-Jost

That's what I want to see

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The great thing about Nuke is you know that he won't change his approach one bit despite being taken off the second line.

Landy-Compher-Donskoi has been a thing already this season I'm pretty sure, I think they're hoping there'll be some familiarity between the three of them that can jump start something early. Otherwise you can be sure Bednar will blend things by the end of the first period.
It's one of the great things about Bednar that he is willing to mix it up. And it won't take long. One of the most proactive coaches in the league when it comes to lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad