GDT: Game 55: Oilers @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ - End of the beginning, beginning of the end or that...

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Raanta was solid, sharp when he needed to be and hopefully the shutout sparks some momentum for him going forward to get him consistently playing a notch higher level than we've seen the past month.

Garland immense. The EN goal doesn't happen without him singlehandedly stalling their 6on5 advance in the neutral zone not to mention the blocked shot etc. leading up to it.

Thought the defense as a unit played well 1 to 6. Oilers were definitely flat but it didn't feel like the Coyotes gave them much rope.

The extra effort going after loose pucks and coming out with the bulk of the 50/50s maintained throughout and was really refreshing to see.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
What is that...4 pts in last 3 games, which my Horizon HS business math tells me is .666 pt %. Do that from here on out and we'll be playing more than 82.

Edit:. Oops, should I round to .667. Sorry Mr. Jenkins

I know rt would hate this, but it is what it is and if it gets us in the Yoffs I'll take it!

Reactions: MIG

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
Lol Kassian out there having a hard time proving he’s worth any NHL contract much less a raise without McDrai. Also, Darnell Nurse is SUCH a p***y. Also also, go read the Edmonton board. They make Darnell look like NOT a p***y lol

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
The best thing about beating Edmonton is the reaction of their fans. It's the saltiest, saddest thing I've ever seen :laugh:
I hadn't poked my head in their GDT tonight, but whenever I have in the past its invariably a salt mines worth of sperging about how the refs are jobbing them for not calling a penalty anytime an opponent even breathes near McDavid...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Edmonton sucks at getting the puck up the ice and entering the zone. Classic Tippett hockey.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
This is actually a huge win for various reasons. Confidence for one, but Calgary, Vegas and Vancouver all went down today. Suddenly throws us straight back into the Pacific cluster****.

Perfect night: win + all 4 other competitors lose in regulation.

HF40 GDT gang reacts like Dvorak after his empty netter :laugh:

Reactions: Lawson of Anarchy

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I hadn't poked my head in their GDT tonight, but whenever I have in the past its invariably a salt mines worth of sperging about how the refs are jobbing them for not calling a penalty anytime an opponent even breathes near McDavid...

Apparently the Coyotes are ruining the entire sport and should cease to exist. So, just the usual I guess :laugh:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The best thing about beating Edmonton is the reaction of their fans. It's the saltiest, saddest thing I've ever seen :laugh:

Apparently the Coyotes are trap gods and not at all defensively shaky.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
What is that...4 pts in last 3 games, which my Horizon HS business math tells me is .666 pt %. Do that from here on out and we'll be playing more than 82.

Edit:. Oops, should I round to .667. Sorry Mr. Jenkins
What year were you at horizon?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
About all that pregame gloom and doubt...... had to borrow this from @SniperHF

3UUAVvx.gif

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Agreed. I was tempted to retort their stale whining about how boring the team is by making some mention of their dumb*** luck that got them McDavid. We would be a lot more exciting with him on the roster too.

Reactions: Muppet

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Tocc sending a message tonight

Keller 10 minutes
Richardson 15 minutes

Because that would be so ironic if Keller gets benched before Kessel. Both trash but Kessel is the Gold Standard.

On another note, I'm thinking Hall needs to stay joined at the hip with Garland where ever he ends up next year. You've got to think he knows 95% of the team are a bunch of schmucks, DVO is legit but Garland is sensational. No one else on the team comes close to having his (Hall's) heart and effort. Maybe enough to keep him around? Either way, Garland 2020! How he hasn't rubbed off on these other deadbeats is beyond me.

ps - I'm not this old but would watch this classic growing up.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Fun game. Absolutely love Hall, Garland, Dvorak, Crouse, and Chychrun.

So sad that OEL being out doesn’t matter at all. And Keller playing 10 mins looks absolutely no different whatsoever than Keller playing 8 mins. He’s invisible either way.

Hope Tocchet can get these guys to pay like this the rest of the way this season. My main concern is tricking Taylor Hall into resigning. Once we’ve done that, I want to slash and burn and trim out all the fat.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad