GDT: Game 55: Oilers @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ - End of the beginning, beginning of the end or that...

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Funny story we tell our grandkids about when we eventually turned it around and won the cup.

Yeah probably not that last one.

:edmonton (28 - 18 - 6)

LWCRW
Josh ArchibaldConnor McDavid [C]Zack Kassian
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins [A]Leon Draisaitl [A]Kailer Yamamoto
Jujhar KhairaRiley SheahanPatrick Russell
Sam GagnerGaëtan HaasAlex Chiasson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured: James Neal, Joakim Nygård
Scratched: Tyler Benson

LDRD
Oscar KlefbomAdam Larsson [A]
Darnell Nurse [A]Ethan Bear
Caleb JonesMatt Benning
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured: Kris Russell
Scratched: William Lagesson

G
Mikko Koskinen
Mike Smith
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured:

:coyotes (26 - 21 - 7)

LWCRW
Taylor HallChristian DvorakConor Garland
Clayton KellerDerek Stepan [A]Phil Kessel
Lawson CrouseNick SchmaltzVinnie Hinostroza
Carl SöderbergBrad RichardsonChristian Fischer
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured: Barrett Hayton
Scratched: Michael Grabner

LDRD
Jakob ChychrunAlex Goligoski
Kyle CapobiancoNiklas Hjalmarsson [A]
Jordan OesterleJason Demers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured: Oliver Ekman-Larsson [C]
Scratched: Ilya Lyubushkin

G
Antti Raanta
Adin Hill
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured: Darcy Kuemper

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Edmonton is in very good form currently. A bit nervy about this one. Could be another game where the Coyotes get pushed around by Kassian et al.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Doubtful on a win tonight. Edmonton is good and they don’t look like they’re going to slow down anytime soon. 4-1 loss.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Doubtful on a win tonight. Edmonton is good and they don’t look like they’re going to slow down anytime soon. 4-1 loss.
Every team ahead of us in the standings had a slump earlier in the year, except maybe the Canucks, and all came out of it playing good hockey, so maybe our slump ends tonight.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Well, the optimist in me wants to hope that the Yotes can build off of the effort from the last game and actually make this game entertaining and work for a win.

But the pessimist side of me tells me that the Yotes have lost 8 out of 9 games, have 5-6 passengers who still haven't woken up even after a team meeting, a coach that doesn't know how to turn it around, and got whipped last time they saw this team.

Ps, on that note... imagine the absolute gall to come out and not give it your all after having a team meeting. No better time to earn a public shaming and benching for something like that, imo.

Anyways... Let's hope this is the night everyone DOES wake up and all that worrying is for nothing. Let's go Yotes!

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
hoping for a win, expecting a loss unfortunately.

We've been in a daze for over 2 months...we need Kuemper back in a big way. Also, wouldn't hurt to start a young C with potential who might click w/former MVP and the energizer bunny...betcha that line would work.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
You guys might catch us napping, the Oilers just came off the most emotional victory of the year for them, I could see them coming out flat and the Yotes taking advantage.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
hoping for a win, expecting a loss unfortunately.

We've been in a daze for over 2 months...we need Kuemper back in a big way. Also, wouldn't hurt to start a young C with potential who might click w/former MVP and the energizer bunny...betcha that line would work.
If Raanta never got hurt after Kuemper, we may not be talking about all of this, and besides, Kuemper may come back rusty. If the young C you are talking about is Hayton, I think he is still hurt.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
THEY'RE BRINGIN' NESSY BACK (yeah!)
I THINK THAT OEL AIN'T COMIN' BACK (yeah!)
MAYBE HIS FEMUR HAS A HAIRLINE CRACK (yeah!)
SO NESS IS HERE, HE AIN'T DOIN' JACK (yeah!)

(Tocchet to the briiiiiiiiiidge)

RAANTA BAAAAABE (uh-huh)
WE NEED YOUR FINNISH POWER TO MAKE A SAVE (uh-huh)
OUR POROUS D-LINE IS JUST BUILT TO CAVE (uh-huh)
THEY SKATE AROUND LIKE THEY'RE AT A RAVE (uh-huh)

(Tocchet to the chorus!)

Injuries! (our chances gone widdit)
Apathy! (our chances gone widdit)
Hot dog guy! (our chances gone widdit)
Keller don't fly! (our chances gone widdit)
Stepan is old! (our chances gone widdit)
Schmaltz is gonna fold! (our chances gone widdit)
Sucky Alex G! (our chances gone widdit)
Ruinin' our D! (our chances gone widdit)

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Oilers aren't a good team, Tip has his mirrors working again. They have had another good run, they are due for a slide now just like we are due for a few breaks and a win streak. I think we win tonight.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
So, Archibald is a first-liner? Yeah, would love to have him over Kessel, so, why not. Didn't know how much more I would have loved that, but I do now. Archie will get another goal tonight. Or a couple.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
This should be a test. Looked much better against Chicago, but didn't get the win still. Defense is getting banged up again, offense is struggling. A win tonight could help get them rolling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->