GDT: Game 55: Jets @ Sabres - 2/10 3pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Member 308457

Feel like teams play Rope-a-Dope with the Sabres. On offense the Sabres cycle and get a lot of shots but they don't really pose many real threats because we can't shoot. In spite of the cycling, I don't see a lot of quality chances and the shots are usually at the crest. Maybe they'll eventually get the bulletin that 80% of NHL goals are scored from 0 - 6" high.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
You mean our 4th highest scoring forward Conor Sheary? For a ****ing 4th? and Hunwicks massive 2.25 cap hit is so debilitating.

Tease that out a bit, combined salary of Hunwick and Sheary is within a few hundred grand of Okposo.

The term is way less so that’s good. But there is an argument to say picking up the Sheary deal was basically bringing in another Okposo plus giving up a pick and an extra roster spot.

Not exactly stellar.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Feel like teams play Rope-a-Dope with the Sabres. On offense the Sabres cycle and get a lot of shots but they don't really pose many real threats because we can't shoot. In spite of the cycling, I don't see a lot of quality chances and the shots are usually at the crest. Maybe they'll eventually get the bulletin that 80% of NHL goals are scored from 0 - 6" high.
I'm getting really tired of going for bar-downskis only to have our shots hit the tops of defenders' sticks and fly into the mesh. You're exactly right. When was the last time these guys had a nice, heady five-hole goal not on a breakaway? Smart veteran teams score like that 90% of the time. If you watch Winnipeg over the course of the season, they score goals of that nature around the middle/bottom of the net that I haven't seen the Sabres score in a decade.

Tage, Skins, Sheary, Okposo, Jack, they're all really guilty of it.

Reactions: sabremike

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Geez, this schedule is driving me nuts. Two afternoon game on consecutive days?

My bad for not paying attention to the start times but I swear the Sabres schedule is a completely new pattern this season.

(Just pining for the good old days when they used to play Sunday and Thursday evenings pretty much guaranteed with just a few Sat. matinee's thrown in during the 2nd half of the season.)

WpgBuffan

Jun 9, 2008

High danger scoring chances were 11-2 for Buffalo. Scoring chances were way in Buffalo’s favour. Not sure which game you were watching.

Reactions: hizzoner

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I still can't get over the pick play on the go ahead goal not getting called.

Somebody say something about the officiating, please. I dont care if we already had five power plays all game. Should have been six. Call out the refs and take the fine. HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE.

Last time I tried to hold a ref accountable........ he put me in the box. Lol!

(Told him to do his job and call an obvious interference infraction. So he did his job. He gave me 2 for unsportsmanlike... true story!!)

Been thrown out of a few games as a coach too...... lol!

Nov 24, 2006
Jets fan here. Just wanted to say that Dahlin is a hell of a player. Really enjoyed watching him today. Just think what he’s going to be like in about 5 years!

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
Sometimes you outplay a team and lose.

Oh well, not time to jump off ship or replace the entire crew.

They looked good for the most part.

Let's hope Pegula has more patience than most of the naysayers around here.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
Glad to see Reinhart still off the Eichel Skinner line. Starting to see some chemistry building

Long overdue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad