Post-Game Talk: Game 55: Hawks def. Canucks - 4-3 (OT) (Biega, Leivo, Pettersson)

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Boeser easily the best Canucks tonight, was buzzing everytime he has the puck in the offensive zone

Petey was average until the last 10 mins when he started to work on his magic

Leivo was great, not only the 3 pts but he was soooo good at winning board battle

Bo had a better game than the last one, still holding his stick tight although he did create some chances for Goldy which he couln't finish them as usual

Stecher and Hutton are a good pairing together as usual

Biega needs to play every game

Poo is poo, belongs in the toilet and then the sewage

Gud is meh, not terrible but not good enough, nothing surprised here

Tanev is probably the worst or second worst Canucks tonight, one can say it started when he got paired with Gud, or maybe just maybe, it was Edler that has been carrying him this season. Tanev was noticeably worse than his past few seasons even before Edler got injured.

Last edited:

Var

Nov 10, 2007
Raising his trade value ahead of the trade deadline.:sarcasm:

Think at the intermission they were saying that there are so many fans and people talking about potentially trading Tanev that JB actually called him to reassure him that he wasn't trading him.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Tanev on the right side and Brisebois in would have to be far better than Tanev on the left and Biega in...just saying, even though I like Biega.

skuzzycuzz

Jan 7, 2012
Boeser easily the best Canucks tonight, was buzzing everytime he has the puck in the offensive zone
Petey was average until the last 10 mins when he started to work on his magic
Leivo was great, not only the 3 pts but he was soooo good at winning board battle
Bo had a better game than the last one, still holding his stick tight although he did create some chances for Goldy which he couln't finish them as usual
Stecher and Hutton are a good pairing together as usual
Biega needs to play every game
Poo is poo, belongs in the toilet and then the sews
Gud is meh, not terrible but not good enough, nothing surprised here
Tanev is probably the worst or second worst Canucks tonight, one can say it started when he got paired with Gud, or maybe just maybe, it was Edler that has been carrying him this season. Tanev was noticeably worse than his past few seasons even before Edler got injured.
Too bad Boeser plays like he has no eyes, or he might be effective. He made one nice pass to Pettersson which Petey whiffed on, but other than that he processes the plays soooo slowly/ or doesn’t see them that he actually f***s petterson over.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Too bad Boeser plays like he has no eyes, or he might be effective. He made one nice pass to Pettersson which Petey whiffed on, but other than that he processes the plays soooo slowly/ or doesn’t see them that he actually ****s petterson over.
Now that is a conclusion that I will not leave it in my brain

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Boeser was great, although would love to see him make plays a little quicker.

Horvat forcing too many plays. 3 goals in the last 20 games....

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Im talking about this entire season so far, not just he past 3 games
Didn't some posted hero charts comparing him and Muzzin last week?
Tanev got smoked by Muzzin when in comparison
Really eh. I hadn't realized he had had a bad season until now. I'm not one for statistics as a rule but that's interesting, I'll give you that.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Really eh. I hadn't realized he had had a bad season until now. I'm not one for statistics as a rule but that's interesting, I'll give you that.
Great defensive ability is his bread and butter
This season he would occasionally get smoked by forwards due to brain fart turnover or just lack of foot speed, still decent most of the time but was not as good as he used to be.
Chris Tanev without the great defensive play is nothing but an average bottom pair guy cause he doesn't score pts

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
It's game results like this that remind me why I celebrate any goals scored, and any wins we can manage. Our team doesn't have enough depth talent (yet), but I sure love their heart.

I think I broke my vocal chords when Petey scored.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

skuzzycuzz

Jan 7, 2012
That should be the last game for Pouliot, Beiga is better/safer. Pouliot can’t be trusted to do anything or make any plays, I can’t imagine anyone from Utica being any worse. I know Travis loves him but still.. enough is enough.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Tanev with the road-trip from hell. Was walked on the winner tonight, but directly responsible for the winning goal in Philly and the opening goal in Washington. Either trying to do too much, or trying to diminish his trade value.

What I can't understand is why Green makes Tanev a staple on three-on-three OT? He may be sound defensively (except for this trip) but the guy brings nothing to the table offensively. You have to 'go for it' in OT, not 'play for a tie'.

And I swear, if Sutter and Eriksson are on this team next season, I'm going to become a fan of the Toronto Raptors and the Leafs.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I think Boeser has looked quite rejuvenated since the all star break, which is nice to see. More pep in his step and making good reads on shot/pass opportunities.
The bias toward Boeser is weird, since the ASG. He look pretty much identical to his rookie season.
Lack of top end speed but smart with the puck, dangerous shot and underrated pass

Didn't remember people calling him "cant process" "average"
Not every youngster is EP

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Hutton played 9 minutes less.....than Pouliot, Biega, and Gudbranson combined :DD

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Your only as strong as your weakest link. As much as Pettersson and Boeser improve the team Gudbranson & Pouliot worsen it. With the amount of parity in the league players that are slightly above average and those that are below average make a profound difference. It’s hard to find gems like Pettersson & Boeser but replacing useless players with average ones is much easier, there is no excuse for why these players are still on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad