Post-Game Talk: Game 55: Hawks def. Canucks - 4-3 (OT) (Biega, Leivo, Pettersson)

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Vancouver and the 6 teams below them are separated by 3 points, and every team in the Western Conference plays tonight. Reasonably big deal.​

AHzzu0Y.jpg

Last edited:

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Hawks have been coming on strong lately. Hoping for a win, won't be surprised by a loss.

I really wish one of Gudbranson or Pouliot woud sit this game though.

@Zombotron do you know something we don't? I don't see Schaller listed up there at all.
(That would be a very late Christmas present)

Canucks win 4-3 in OT
Eriksson, Pettersson, Leivo, Horvat

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
The Western turtle derby sure is something. Now Minnesota has Mikko Koivu out for the season, so that could effect the landscape quite a bit, they might be a seller at the deadline.

Hard to envision either of the two teams that end up getting the wild card spots putting up much of a fight come April.

Last edited:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The Western turtle derby sure is something. Now Minnesota has Mikko Koivu out for the season, so that could effect the landscape quite a bit, they might be a seller at the deadline.

Hard to envision either of the two teams that end up getting the wild card spots putting up much of a fight come April.
They are still 4 points up on the pack with their own 3 gm losing streak... with only a couple weeks till the deadline, and tonne internal pressure on the team, Boudreau and new GM Fenton... i see no way they become sellers... if anything, they'll be pushing to fill and replace Koivu.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
They are still 4 points up on the pack with their own 3 gm losing streak... with only a couple weeks till the deadline, and tonne internal pressure on the team, Boudreau and new GM Fenton... i see no way they become sellers... if anything, they'll be pushing to fill and replace Koivu.

They probably should tbh, they’ve been a middle of the road team for basically forever and they have some pretty enticing pieces they could sell off to kickstart a rebuild.

Either way there is a good chance they fall out of the race this year, they have more losses than wins as is and Koivu is a huge part of their team.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
They probably should tbh, they’ve been a middle of the road team for basically forever and they have some pretty enticing pieces they could sell off to kickstart a rebuild.

Either way there is a good chance they fall out of the race this year, they have more losses than wins as is and Koivu is a huge part of their team.

They need to start turning over their middle aged prime pieces.. Praise and Suter aren't going anywhere... but their depth isn't right. They moved on from Nino Nietkjhflkjehkljnh... what are they gonna do with Spurgeon, Coyle, Granlund, Zucker, Dumba, Brodin, etc... some solid talent - but mediocre as a group.

I don't think they fall off the map in the next two weeks without Koivu... but Fenton needs to start making some decisions at the end of this season to start flipping pieces to mix it up... and he has to do better than Rask-Nino...

Pretty certain they have enough to remain in a playoff spot past the deadline - i.e. likely not selling.
Offseason on the other hand..

BUT ANYWAYS....

Hawks, eh..
hopefully we win.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
This is another big game. Team looked like dr. Jekyl and mr Hyde last game. Worst first period maybe all season, very strong second, and meh third. Hawks are waaaay weaker than the caps though.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I actually have a good feeling about this game..Canucks usually play well at the United Center..

Hopefully,Patrick Kane does not torch us..(one of the most exciting players to watch in the league IMO..a wizard with the puck)

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
Keith still one of my most hated players. From the elbow on Daniel to classless comments at a concussed opponent “wakey wakey Backes.”

Do you guys think anyone on the team still holds animosity towards Keith for that elbow on Daniel?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Keith still one of my most hated players. From the elbow on Daniel to classless comments at a concussed opponent “wakey wakey Backes.”

Do you guys think anyone on the team still holds animosity towards Keith for that elbow on Daniel?

Our players don’t care when current young players get cheatshotted so...

Reactions: PM and nucks88

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Who is left in the lineup from that era.?..Tanev...?..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->