GDT: Game 55: Coyotes @ Sharks - 7:30pm - BSAZ+

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Funny you mentioned that. When there is a third pairing guy, they pair them with OEL, a rookie, with OEL. Just proves how coaches trust OEL. OEL is a very smart player. Bush looks fantastic with OEL, not so much playing with someone else.
ok Jakey, based on our past conversation, I watched OEL as much as the broadcast allowed. His play wasnt bad. Not bad. Steady.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Chych has benefitted from Goose, our best right side player all year. OEL gets Bush/rookie/washed upped scrathed DDemers, etc, get OEL a decent RHD and a new coach, he will be a different player.
This is the “bright-side” I’ll be looking to if we are unable to dump LOL. Hopefully we sign his buddy and international D partner Adam Larsson, and get him a new head coach he doesn’t clash with and that head coach hires a D coach that actually helps LeOL.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
This is the “bright-side” I’ll be looking to if we are unable to dump LOL. Hopefully we sign his buddy and international D partner Adam Larsson, and get him a new head coach he doesn’t clash with and that head coach hires a D coach that actually helps LeOL.

it will be interesting without Tocchet on potentially getting a coach that can help OEL get back to the player he used to be. The pairing with Soderstrom is exciting. That’s a pairing that can move the puck up the ice quickly.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
What a f***ing goal by Soderstrom! Guy is f***ing cool as a cucumber dancing past defenders in his third f***ing game. That’s an unbelievable moment.
Relax there hbk. One game, one move. He gets stripped of the puck, it's a breakaway. Regardless, he looked very good. I think he will be penciled in for a starters role next year, or at least his job to lose. Now, if Capo can make that next step it would sure help us as we build our blueline for next year.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Relax there hbk. One game, one move. He gets stripped of the puck, it's a breakaway. Regardless, he looked very good. I think he will be penciled in for a starters role next year, or at least his job to lose. Now, if Capo can make that next step it would sure help us as we build our blueline for next year.
Hey it’s nice to be excited about a prospect. I think Capo is done with the org myself.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
That same move has not been foreign to him, not at this level, but executed in the past just the same.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
it will be interesting without Tocchet on potentially getting a coach that can help OEL get back to the player he used to be. The pairing with Soderstrom is exciting. That’s a pairing that can move the puck up the ice quickly.
What's with you guys thinking OEL is playing bad. This year his P/GM is 0.51, his average for his career, and he is paired with left overs or rookies. I understand he has lost a step, but he is making up for it with his smarts.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I thought OEL had his best period in weeks (didn't watch the whole game). Maybe he is already excited RT is gone, maybe it was because Soderstrom complemented his play style well. Who knows but he looked more like a 6m a year defenseman last third period than his 3-4m a year play he has had the past couple weeks.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I thought OEL had his best period in weeks (didn't watch the whole game). Maybe he is already excited RT is gone, maybe it was because Soderstrom complemented his play style well. Who knows but he looked more like a 6m a year defenseman last third period than his 3-4m a year play he has had the past couple weeks.
OEL has played solid for most the year.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What's with you guys thinking OEL is playing bad. This year his P/GM is 0.51, his average for his career, and he is paired with left overs or rookies. I understand he has lost a step, but he is making up for it with his smarts.
My concerns are in defensive zone. He has some shifts where he looks completely lost and tentative. I don't think he's been terrible but i know he can play better and quite frankly for a Captain some of his defensive zone mishaps are unacceptable. He needs to be the guy that calls people out for making those sort of faux pas or if he is the “leader by example” captain than his example should be at a higher standard. Again its shifts mot games but it is noticeable and we've seen him play much better defensively consistently.

Reactions: SniperHF

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I’m not encouraged by trash time heroics from OEL. Glad he had a good game. Would’ve been nice if he had good games before his team was mathematically eliminated from the post season.
OEL has played very well for most of the season, but you and a few others don't like him so it doesn't really matter what he does he will never be good in your eyes.

Reactions: Surfshop

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
OEL has played very well for most of the season, but you and a few others don't like him so it doesn't really matter what he does he will never be good in your eyes.

Titanically reductive, but hey, the season's over, so it's kind of a moot point at this juncture.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'd bring back Goose if we can get rid of the rest of the Beer Bros. Having just the one is fine, especially if Chychrun wants him around.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad