Columbus
Ya'll crazy

782.jpg

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
People seem to forget Bob playing lights out in December to even get this team back to mediocrity.

McBackup has definitely played well recently, but he was pure garbage earlier in the season when this team needed him, before he got hurt. I'd still look at making a move based on his whole season, not a particular stretch. That being said, if he can do .500 and be cheap enough, i'd look at him. I just don't trust him at all.

I am the farthest thing from an expert on goaltending, but, to my untrained eye, his play has evolved considerably since earlier in the season. He still gives up a ton of juicy rebounds, but he is much more controlled in the crease, not putting himself far out of position by overreacting to every shot. He used to drive me nuts by ricocheting madly from side to side and ending up far out of the goal and completely vulnerable. I see much less of that, he is better able to make the second and, considering the frequent defensive ineffectiveness of the team in from of him, often third stops necessary.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I give credit to those who still hold out playoff hopes. Delusional credit but appreciate the optimism! I had two drunk & high guys sitting next to me and the game and filthy mouthed know nothing woman behind me. She was worth the price of admission by herself. When the Flyers pulled the goalie she screamed the Flers needed to *** keep s defenseman back deep to make sure the *** Blue Jackets don't score. Lol.

Yes bring C-Mac back for one more year while Forsberg continues to develop in Springy.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I'm still watching the standings, I'm not giving up or playing for draft picks. Boston is playing bad and they have 4 of the next 5 on the road including St. Louis, Chicago, Vancouver and NJ. 15 of their final 26 are on the road. We finish with 5 of the last 7 at home...Really wish Boone was closer, it's a bad sign he hasn't started skating yet...but

Screw the draft, we can do this! If we win 2 out of 3 on the rest of this road trip, we have a real shot. 8 of our remaining 13 home games are against non-playoff teams. The down side is 11 of our remaining 14 road games are against playoff teams. But we are a better road team than a home team.

Can I have whatever you're smoking?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Can I have whatever you're smoking?

We're finally scoring goals again, which gives the team hope. Having said that our defense just isn't consistent enough right now to make that seem realistic, to be sure.

Confidence is a funny thing. It's building with the team. Is it likely that we can go on a 8-0-2 run and get back in this? No. However this team has put up stretches like that the last couple of years. Basically if we win out at home, we'd be right back in it if we hold serve on the road.

Tall order.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
We're finally scoring goals again, which gives the team hope. Having said that our defense just isn't consistent enough right now to make that seem realistic, to be sure.

Confidence is a funny thing. It's building with the team. Is it likely that we can go on a 8-0-2 run and get back in this? No. However this team has put up stretches like that the last couple of years. Basically if we win out at home, we'd be right back in it if we hold serve on the road.

Tall order.

We're 4-5-0 in the last 9. Three of those wins have come against the Flyers and Senators. Where is this "we're going to turn it around" coming from? This team is horribly inconsistent, and if not for Bob carrying the team in December we'd be competing with Edmonton right now for 29th.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Why don't we create a thread for the quitters that give up rooting for their team with 27 games to go and potentially single digits out of a playoff spot, after the made up game, with a favorable schedule to those they are chasing, and close to getting their future captain back and former Vezina trophy winning goalie back...and they can root for them to lose, and trade away solid players like Calvert for future considerations all day long

I choose to keep rooting until we are mathematically eliminated. I don't give one good god damn about the draft, that's not how I'm wired.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
We're 4-5-0 in the last 9. Three of those wins have come against the Flyers and Senators. Where is this "we're going to turn it around" coming from? This team is horribly inconsistent, and if not for Bob carrying the team in December we'd be competing with Edmonton right now for 29th.

I don't hear anyone saying its going to happen, only pointing out that if we go on a 10 game run like we did in December, we'd be sitting on the 8th spot.

Winning is fun, for the players and the fans. It reminds us we have something solid here and can have expectations for the future.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
*MOD HAT*

Enough of the sniping and infighting about who's delusional and who's a quitter. It's crap posting and furthers absolutely no discussion. You guys (and gals, but they already knew that) are better than that. Knock it off.

*MOD HAT*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad