GDT: Game 55 - CBJ vs DET - 7 Feb, 7pm, @Nat

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I was a huge Devils fan when I started following hockey starting during Martin Brodeur's rookie year. I don't recall the Devils ever being this stingy on defense as a team that had Brodeur, Stevens, Daneyko, and Neidermayer.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
awkward moment between torts and portzline :laugh:

Portzline: "this may be an odd question, have you ever saw a goalie skate off the ice faster on a delayed penalty?"

Torts: "who?"

Portzline: "Elvis"

Torts: "I don't even notice" ..... brief pause. "that is a very odd question". (with the most serious face).

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Missed the entire game on business in LaPorte, Indiana ... Another shutout for Elvis....

The CBJ have one picture in their heads... Lifting that Cup in Columbus!!!

We're all proud of you guys!!!!!!!!

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
That neutral zone trap was infuriating!
Infuriating enough to win 3 cups. If this team ever can add to the offense while not letting up on defense they will be super scary. Only the 2003 cup team for the Devils didn't have a 30 goal scorer on it. The 1995 season was shortened but Stephane Richer was on a pace for 40+ goals and Elias broke 30 in 2000.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Infuriating enough to win 3 cups. If this team ever can add to the offense while not letting up on defense they will be super scary. Only the 2003 cup team for the Devils didn't have a 30 goal scorer on it. The 1995 season was shortened but Stephane Richer was on a pace for 40+ goals and Elias broke 30 in 2000.
Infuriating because I wasn't a Devils fan.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I remember when the Columbus Red Wing fans would toss squid ON OUR ICE!! Back around 2005-2010...

Not no more!!!!! Where are those local Columbus Red Wing fan traitors now???

Reactions: Jaxs

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
while that is an odd question, and one that doesn't matter, I don't see how thats making an ass of himself.
Exactly.

I found it to be an interesting observation and shows a bit of insight into Elvis's personality if he "Charlie Hustled" his way to the bench to allow another skater to get on quickly. It can't be easy to skate fast in those pads and I can't say I've ever seen a goalie try to sprint in those things.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
That was interesting game. Shots 44-16, Elvis once again shutout. This team can go anywhere but even one forward who can score would be great. We will need 3-5 goals sometimes to win. Now we just dont allow goals and thats the way at this moment. Elvis has been amazing but he cant keep up this saving streak where he gets 5shutout in 8games. Korpi back for rest time to both and one elite sniper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->