Post-Game Talk: GAME 55 - Bergie Beats LA!!!! - BRUINS 5 Los Angeles 4 F/OT

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
if we 'struggle' with only a 500 record down the stretch... we will still end up with 95 points.

to simply get a tie... Carolina would need 33 points in 27 games

they are currently on a 12-4-1 mega super hot streak that is not substainable and despite that they have only 15-10-2 record in last 27 games... only 32 points. even with this mega hot streak they still cant catch us even if we were to go into a horrible mind bending slumb

in reality... we are probably going to get around 32 points if we continue our normal pace of play... that will give us 100 points. to catch us Carolina is going to need 38 points in 27 games. they will need to continue their 12-4-1 pace the rest of the season... it AINT GOING TO HAPPEN

our playoff position is pretty much 99% guaranteed unless the team was going to quit on the coach or something bizzare like that.

what we are really playing for is first round matchup/and possible home ice advantage. its unlikely Pittsburgh would catch us for the first wild card position so we aren't going to face tampa in round 1

do we go all out and try to get montreal/Toronto as a matchup with maybe home ice?... or are we ok drawing islanders/capitals and being on the road?

for me... I vote we try for home ice... so wins are not only more fun, but also important. Toronto is in the driver seat for home ice... and they are probably going to add more rentals.

montreal had been playing over their head but a hot goalie can be the most impactful player on a team and price is as hot as anyone in the nhl for past couple months.

I feel good about 3 of our 4 possible first round matchups... just avoid Washington please
I want Washington! It's an opportunity.

We can beat them! It's all about confidence.

No excitement in beating Toronto anymore lol

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Anyone else concerned that Pastrnak basically disappeared yesterday when moved from the top line?
His pouting worries me.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
According to Joe McDonald, it was a unanimous decision by the Kings players to be on the bench during the ceremony. The Kings also gave Bergeron a $1000 bottle of wine before the game. I have no idea, is that a common practice for another team to do? I wouldn't think so.
There are not many players who are as well liked and respected as Bergy. In fact he may be at the top of that list.

Classy move by LA

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This was so cool. Loved seeing all guys here (especially Muzz). Love the last one...Brad. His last words "love ya" and seeing Brad's face the last couple of games I believe he means it.

I'm not sure about Marchand. I think he just puts up with Bergeron. :sarcasm:

I loved all the former teammates, and Claude. Would have liked to have seen Lapointe and Boyes, but they will probably make an appearance in his jersey retirement video. ;) Which hopefully won't be for another 15 years :laugh:

Nice that they also got some team Canada guys for the video, who are also current NHL captains.

Reactions: Ladyfan

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Anyone else concerned that Pastrnak basically disappeared yesterday when moved from the top line?
His pouting worries me.
?? I thought he had the puck more yesterday than when with Marchy and Bergy. How is that pouting? Because he didn't actually score? That happens in this game. What made you think his play was "pouting'?

Reactions: wintersej

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Agree on all counts. Heinen should absolutely stay there. He is such a good fit play style Wise.

I wouldn't mind seeing debrusk back down there with krejci. He struggled with cehlarik and krejci but he was playing on his off wing. Debrusk krejci and pasta have been a very good line when they play together, it just hasn't been a lot.

Gryz is so good at what he does. Hopefully he's not out long

Yes to this. I think this might actually improve both lines 2 and 3. DeBrusk needs to get it going much more than Cehlarik does, and it would benefit the team much more to have an effective DeBrusk. I think Cehlarik is more of a 3rd-line type player.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Yes to this. I think this might actually improve both lines 2 and 3. DeBrusk needs to get it going much more than Cehlarik does, and it would benefit the team much more to have an effective DeBrusk. I think Cehlarik is more of a 3rd-line type player.
Agree on Cehlarik. Looks like they moved Debrusk up during the game today. Lets hope it pays off soon and they can leave it that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad