Post-Game Talk: GAME 55 - Bergie Beats LA!!!! - BRUINS 5 Los Angeles 4 F/OT

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Getting the second point was huge

View attachment 184933

if we 'struggle' with only a 500 record down the stretch... we will still end up with 95 points.

to simply get a tie... Carolina would need 33 points in 27 games

they are currently on a 12-4-1 mega super hot streak that is not substainable and despite that they have only 15-10-2 record in last 27 games... only 32 points. even with this mega hot streak they still cant catch us even if we were to go into a horrible mind bending slumb

in reality... we are probably going to get around 32 points if we continue our normal pace of play... that will give us 100 points. to catch us Carolina is going to need 38 points in 27 games. they will need to continue their 12-4-1 pace the rest of the season... it AINT GOING TO HAPPEN

our playoff position is pretty much 99% guaranteed unless the team was going to quit on the coach or something bizzare like that.

what we are really playing for is first round matchup/and possible home ice advantage. its unlikely Pittsburgh would catch us for the first wild card position so we aren't going to face tampa in round 1

do we go all out and try to get montreal/Toronto as a matchup with maybe home ice?... or are we ok drawing islanders/capitals and being on the road?

for me... I vote we try for home ice... so wins are not only more fun, but also important. Toronto is in the driver seat for home ice... and they are probably going to add more rentals.

montreal had been playing over their head but a hot goalie can be the most impactful player on a team and price is as hot as anyone in the nhl for past couple months.

I feel good about 3 of our 4 possible first round matchups... just avoid Washington please

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
do we go all out and try to get montreal/Toronto as a matchup with maybe home ice?... or are we ok drawing islanders/capitals and being on the road?

for me... I vote we try for home ice... so wins are not only more fun, but also important. Toronto is in the driver seat for home ice... and they are probably going to add more rentals.

montreal had been playing over their head but a hot goalie can be the most impactful player on a team and price is as hot as anyone in the nhl for past couple months.

I feel good about 3 of our 4 possible first round matchups... just avoid Washington please
I think we all have realistic expectations and understand just what the Bruins are as presently constructed.

Having said that, They should play balls to the wall hockey and win as many games as possible. Finish second and draw Montreal or Toronto in the first round with home ice.

The Bruins will likely not get past the second round. So I say that if they’re not going to win the Cup this year and get bounced out of the playoffs, they might as well take the Canadiens or Maple Leafs with them.

Reactions: Trizz617

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in (had to do a couple of things on the ride home).

Patrice Bergeron is such an excellent player and man. We are so lucky to have him on our B's. Brad Marchand loves Bergy. I mean he really does.
He has been so happy for Bergy the last couple of days and it shows on Brad's face.

Big Z was full of smiles at the end of the game too.

I didn't like giving up a 2 goal lead but all is good.

I was pleased to se e Charlie and Danton have a great game. Confidence is a good thing.

I am missing the next two home games ( I will be watching from my couch) .

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Just in (had to do a couple of things on the ride home).

Patrice Bergeron is such an excellent player and man. We are so lucky to have him on our B's. Brad Marchand loves Bergy. I mean he really does.
He has been so happy for Bergy the last couple of days and it shows on Brad's face.

Big Z was full of smiles at the end of the game too.

I didn't like giving up a 2 goal lead but all is good.

I was pleased to se e Charlie and Danton have a great game. Confidence is a good thing.

I am missing the next two home games ( I will be watching from my couch) .

bergerons point per game pace would have given him 100 for the season... such a shame he got hurt. when people are measuring a players career in hindsight how many 100 point seasons they had will influence them.

marchand for all the crap we have given him for sluggish play through the first half of the season has quietly climbed to top 10 in the scoring race with 65 points in 55 games. its funny we have all criticized him so much. what a HELL OF A PLAYER when he can be top 10 in scoring and still garner critism

its silly that theres any debate for best line in nhl. even with the injury to Bergeron 2 of the guys are top 10 in scoring and Bergeron is actually scoring at a better rate.

Colorado has 2 in the top 10 as well... but those guys don't play defense half as well as our boys do. im not sure if tampa plays point/kucherov/stamkos together... if so that's pretty impressive but I like the chances are three beat them going head to head.

has there been a better line in bruin history?
Cashman/Esposito/hodge?
the kraut line?
could those lines play the 2 way hockey our current guys can?

what a treat as a bruin fan to be able to watch the magic these guys have shown us the last 3 seasons now

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
bergerons point per game pace would have given him 100 for the season... such a shame he got hurt. when people are measuring a players career in hindsight how many 100 point seasons they had will influence them.

marchand for all the crap we have given him for sluggish play through the first half of the season has quietly climbed to top 10 in the scoring race with 65 points in 55 games. its funny we have all criticized him so much. what a HELL OF A PLAYER when he can be top 10 in scoring and still garner critism

its silly that theres any debate for best line in nhl. even with the injury to Bergeron 2 of the guys are top 10 in scoring and Bergeron is actually scoring at a better rate.

Colorado has 2 in the top 10 as well... but those guys don't play defense half as well as our boys do. im not sure if tampa plays point/kucherov/stamkos together... if so that's pretty impressive but I like the chances are three beat them going head to head.

has there been a better line in bruin history?
Cashman/Esposito/hodge?
the kraut line?
could those lines play the 2 way hockey our current guys can?

what a treat as a bruin fan to be able to watch the magic these guys have shown us the last 3 seasons now

I don't get how B's fans can crap on Marchy. The kid is a gem. He and Bergy are such a treat to watch. Pasta too. I hope they find a winger for Krejci so Pasta can go back on the Bergeron line. Pasta looked so unhappy today.

As an answer to all of your questions ...who knows. The game has changed quite a bit. All I know is watching Marchy, Bergy and Pasta is fun and their contracts are so good

I loved the Bergy video today. I only wish Martin LaPointe and Andrew Ference we on it too.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
According to Joe McDonald, it was a unanimous decision by the Kings players to be on the bench during the ceremony. The Kings also gave Bergeron a $1000 bottle of wine before the game. I have no idea, is that a common practice for another team to do? I wouldn't think so.
Nate Thompson broke into the league and played with Bergy in Providence. Sounds like he went to the team about it.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins marvel at Kings' gesture of sportsmanship for Patrice...

At 1 o’clock Saturday afternoon, in a dimly lit TD Garden, the visiting Los Angeles Kings decided to sit on the bench during Patrice Bergeron’s pregame ceremony for one reason – respect.

Even though Bergeron played in his 1,000th NHL game last Tuesday, the team held a celebration before the Bruins’ 5-4 overtime victory over the Kings on Saturday. Since the on-ice ceremony was scheduled to last between six and 10 minutes, the visiting team could have stayed in the locker room in order to properly prepare for the game.

Instead, all the Kings players discussed it earlier and decided they would be ready to go and on the bench to honor Bergeron’s milestone.

Kings forward Nate Thompson broke into pro hockey with Bergeron. Both were drafted the same year (2003) by the Bruins and participated in their first NHL training camp together. They were also teammates for the Providence Bruins during the 2004-05 NHL lockout.

Thompson and Dustin Brown spoke to their Los Angeles teammates about being on the bench, and it was a unanimous decision.
“It shows respect,” Thompson told The Athletic. “He’s a caliber player and a caliber person. He’s an all-around world-class person.

There’s so much you can say about Bergy; when you think of the Bruins, you think of Patrice Bergeron. He’s represented the Bruins very well.”

Prior to the game, the Kings also presented Bergeron with a $1,000 bottle of wine as a gift.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I don't get how B's fans can crap on Marchy. The kid is a gem. He and Bergy are such a treat to watch. Pasta too. I hope they find a winger for Krejci so Pasta can go back on the Bergeron line. Pasta looked so unhappy today.

As an answer to all of your questions ...who knows. The game has changed quite a bit. All I know is watching Marchy, Bergy and Pasta is fun and their contracts are so good

I loved the Bergy video today. I only wish Martin LaPointe and Andrew Ference we on it too.

I would have liked Savard.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Kings fail to silence 'Beat L.A.' crowd in 5-4 overtime loss to Bruins

BOSTON — A script doesn’t get much more flipped than this.
From the last-second heroics from No. 73 of the Kings last season, to the perfect capper for No. 37 of the Boston Bruins on Saturday, it was all about alternate endings.

The Kings could have silenced the “Beat L.A.!” chants from TD Garden like they did with Tyler Toffoli’s overtime goal with 0.4 seconds left two Octobers ago. But the Boston Bruins rewrote this one and Patrice Bergeron autographed it with an overtime score to hand the Kings a 5-4 loss.

Bergeron’s four-on-three power-play marker punctured the Kings, who rallied from 4-2 down with goals by Nate Thompson and Oscar Fantenberg after they allowed three goals in three minutes, 22 seconds in the beginning of the third period.

“We didn’t really have an answer for their push there,” Thompson said. “It was a resilient second half. I thought we did a good job coming back there, but I think, for the most part, we were in the driver’s seat tonight, and we let them back in the game.”Even in defeat, Thompson couldn’t help feel sentimental for Bergeron on an afternoon in which Bergeron was recognized for his recently played 1,000th game in a ceremony the Kings watched from their bench. Thompson and Bergeron were drafted by Boston in 2003 and were briefly teammates in the organization.

“I was a lot less mature than him when we came in,” Thompson said. “We got to play together in the minors and the lockout season, too. He’s just an all-around world-class guy. Every time the game’s on the line he seems to rise to the occasion and be the guy. Whenever you think the Boston Bruins, you think of Patrice Bergeron. I couldn’t be more happy for him.”

Bergeron ended a crazy matinee with a shot that tucked inside the left post two minutes, 34 seconds into overtime with Ilya Kovalchuk in the penalty box for tripping David Pastrnak.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->