Cambridge, MA
Getting the second point was huge

upload_2019-2-9_16-42-40.png

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
That was quite the game. McAvoy is getting back to how we know he can play - just took time after the concussion. Heinen should gain some confidence after that game. Build on this game and win again tomorrow!

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Just finished watching the game.

Perfect ending to this Bergeron celebration day.

Wasn’t perfect with another inability to hold leads but they found a way to win.

Bergy is gold. Doing it all. So thankful to have witness all his greatness over a 1000 times and it’s not over. There will be at least another Cup before he hangs them up.

Back ahead of the stinky Habs.

Perfect afternoon.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Preseason a Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen line intrigued me. A couple of nights ago when a struggling 3rd liner was moved up I was highly skeptical. I hope he keeps it up. If we are able to extend our lineup could it possibly improve our position in trade talks?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
*Passes out thimblefuls of "free" beer - 47 cents for the crowd*

Amazing game - honestly, Bergeron with the OT winner? Can't script it better. I also kinda liked a few moves I saw from Cehlarik, too - he made one great shot attempt near the end of either the first or the second that was a beauty.

Are we streaking yet? We haven't lost in regulation since the ASG break. In 6 games, we've earned 9 points. I'd take that over playing out 6 random games any day. We're also at a pretty good place in the standings - if we go 0.500 the rest of the year, we get 95 points, which is typically reasonable to earn a WC position. I'm not optimistic about the post season, but let's just get through the regular season...and celebrate Bergeron, as we should every day!

Reactions: BMC and caz16

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Preseason a Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen line intrigued me. A couple of nights ago when a struggling 3rd liner was moved up I was highly skeptical. I hope he keeps it up. If we are able to extend our lineup could it possibly improve our position in trade talks?

Heinen has skills. Plenty.

Fits well with ultra skilled players like Bergy and Marchand.

gvkmedia

20th Captain in franchise history.
Mar 2, 2002
Oshawa.
www.hollandbloorview.ca
Well, I still think #17 on the Kings would be a better player for us than our #42. Money is pretty even. Term is the same. Yeah, 73 didn't do much to impress but I will still take a chance on him. Young player who if he doesn't work out on line 1 could work well on line 3 in Boston.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I don’t know , Leafs have two games in hand , a win tonight and they go up by 3 with a game in hand . I would rather the Canadians win in regulation. Create a logjam .
I think the Leafs will end the season with more points than Montreal, so it would be good if the Habs can beat them tonight. None of this will matter if Sweeney does his job. Boston can pull away from both of them if that happens.

Reactions: Trizz617

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
I don’t know , Leafs have two games in hand , a win tonight and they go up by 3 with a game in hand . I would rather the Canadians win in regulation. Create a logjam .
Lol....with this logic expect Toronto to win and the Habs do us no favors at all. All in all, the B's must continue to rack up these points regardless of what and whom.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
I think the Leafs will end the season with more points than Montreal, so it would be good if the Habs can beat them tonight. None of this will matter if Sweeney does his job. Boston can pull away from both of them if that happens.
Don't see that happening. Anyone here after watching Krug look to the rafters on the Kings last 2 goals that he was directly responsible for think trading a guy who's only worth is the PP is A bad idea? Also anyone think Moore should be the next guy in the press box? This B's D is brutal and we are going no where until it is rectified!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
According to Joe McDonald, it was a unanimous decision by the Kings players to be on the bench during the ceremony. The Kings also gave Bergeron a $1000 bottle of wine before the game. I have no idea, is that a common practice for another team to do? I wouldn't think so.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Don't see that happening. Anyone here after watching Krug look to the rafters on the Kings last 2 goals that he was directly responsible for think trading a guy who's only worth is the PP is A bad idea? Also anyone think Moore should be the next guy in the press box? This B's D is brutal and we are going no where until it is rectified!
I don’t agree that his only value is the power play. He is good at transitioning the puck quickly and can carry it well, but he really does struggle in physical battles in our end. He gives away a lot of size and mass.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
According to Joe McDonald, it was a unanimous decision by the Kings players to be on the bench during the ceremony. The Kings also gave Bergeron a $1000 bottle of wine before the game. I have no idea, is that a common practice for another team to do? I wouldn't think so.
Total class by the Kings. I doubt there are too many NHL players, if any, more respected by his opponents than Bergy. He seems to do everything the right way. If he finishes out the season at his current pace and still doesn't get the Selke I am going to be pissed, even more so than when he has been screwed out of it before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad