GDT: Game 54: Red Wings @ Sabres - 2/9 1pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Random thought.

What is the point of carrying 8 dmen if you’re not going to use all of them? Particularly when your dcorp has had several crappy games.

Think of what might happen if they even played 7 D occasionally in a given game, rotate in whoever is hot up front on the 4th line? Crazy, right?

wnysupport

Jun 27, 2011
Anyone notice Jacks face when walking off at the end of the period? He’s nursing something me thinks

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I think at this point Scandella pisses me off even more than Sobotka

I hate how Scandella plays but I hate Sobotka as a person. It's very clear he's just collecting a check at this point. If you really key in and watch him play you can see he's just trying to get his shifts over with without getting hurt or spending any energy. He was a completely different Hockey player before he got his contract. Sobotka is everything wrong with guaranteed contracts for an athlete. Scandella just sucks.

Reactions: Kevbeau

Kevbeau

Sponsor
Jul 11, 2006
At this point they have to either be showcasing Scandella for a trade (inverse effect at this point) or letting him work through something...right?

I don’t subscribe to a high level of accuracy in hockey analytics, but when everything tilts in one direction.....

I also don’t believe Housley is that obtuse but at this point my mind can be changed.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is paying attention to defense? Man. Have we really fallen that far to think this is good D?

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Let's go, we better have a good 2nd period with all the kids in attendance. If we lose on such a joyous day does botts swat the House fly?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad