GDT: Game 54: Preds @ Blue Jackets, 7PM EST

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That’s a serious reach. And even if you believe that, it’s because Torts “stopped coaching”?

I think they've played much better in the last five to ten, record be dammed. Not great but pretty darn good considering it's half AHLers. They're playing more instinctively, passing better. What that has to do with Torts, I don't know. Maybe he has gotten out of their way, or maybe they've finally figured out how to play as directed.

I will say that the last few games with Laine out of the top six have been the best. His constant turnovers ruin every line he is on so this is the first time we've had both Roslovic and Domi's units going at the same time.

Reactions: KJ Dangler and Jan

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
His fault.
Interesting what with Grigorenko, resign or not? I can`t imagine him in the TOP 6.

Id say no. He’s played well on the line he’s on but outside of that he’s been nothing.

At most I’d give him a 1 year deal near minimum but i would likely just let him walk

Reactions: Cowumbus

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
That’s a serious reach. And even if you believe that, it’s because Torts “stopped coaching”?
That, and the fact Foligno, and Jenner arent getting 20 plus minutes per night. Team is much quicker.. over the last 9 games, nearly every game has went down to the wire

Reactions: EspenK

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
I will say that the last few games with Laine out of the top six have been the best. His constant turnovers ruin every line he is on so this is the first time we've had both Roslovic and Domi's units going at the same time.
Yes they has played better, actually since, Laine's responsibilities has been lowered. :thumbu::thumbd:

And because Tort has continued coaching. ;)

Fact is that Tort was forced to play Laine as much as he did, until it was over. If he not, he would had be blamed completely and even more for the situation, because of not playing Laine enough.

I personally think he is to blame , since he did not play our best player on first line constantly. The only player that beat the best Predator's player point wise. Bjork was given 4'th line (and still produced), after Laine arrived, that part is on Tort.
Tort is not the reason, that those who was given the chance, failed at.
He is to blame for giving to many other than Domi and Laine to many chances (Those two was forced on him).
He is to blame for not utilize first Bjorky enough and also I think that Emil Bemstrom and Mikhail Grigorenko could had bene utilized more and better.

Domi has really raised the last weeks, that is a great part of the too late turnaround, that we sees.

Fun is, that the predators is almost as bad static as we are, when it comes to offense. They are us, from the last seasons, floating on defense and goalies.

Laine barely played in the third. I get it, he had that horrid turnover on the second goal and we were protecting a lead, but I would rather he play more and be forced to play in these situations rather than try to hide him. These games mean nothing might as well try to work on his game
Yes, he had far to many give a ways. Wonder why, with his supposedly, generally excellent skills...
In my point of view, Laine finally get the ice time he deserves.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
We might have just lost a top 5 pick

Well, at least SJ. Ottawa, LA &Anaheim all won too so there is that. I am worried that the Jackets are pulling another reverse tank and could fall to 7th or 8th worse. Ugh!

Last edited:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
No brainer .. aside from playing much better in front of him ... statistically in the past 2 years, it’s not even close .
Wait a minute, you and DarkandStormy showed me how Elvis' record is a product of the team not giving him good goal support. That would mean the team plays worse in front of him. The numbers Elvis has put up, that you constantly show us, if the team truly played better in front of him, he would have a better record. Actually, the reason his record is bad is because the team plays worse in front of him. Doesn't mean we give the job to Korpi, or anyone else for that matter, it means the guys up front need to be better. Which has been a problem with this team for the last 2 seasons.

Reactions: thebus88 and EspenK

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
Well, at least SJ. Ottawa, LA &Anaheim all won too so there is that. I am worried that the Jackets are pulling another reverse tank and could fall to 7th or 8th worse. Ugh!

Does it make me terrible if I still kinda-sorta-maybe want the Jackets to finish above Detroit?

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
We might have just lost a top 5 pick
Dam the Tank strategy are going really bad lately.
Four point in three games, are simply not a good Tank strategy.

We have to sit Benstrom, Bjorkstrand, Domi and Roslovic as punishment for destroying the Tank.
No shorts with Busoga and anti Tank rockets boys, the Tank can't take that.... :laugh:

Tank killing are however surely good for moral and will surely be better for the motivation for the summer training.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad