Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
PIT.png
FLA.png

Penguins (28-19-6) at Panthers (21-22-8)
7 p.m. ET; SNE, SNO, FS-F, ATTSN-PT, NHL TV

OUTLOOK
The Penguins are looking to get back to their winning ways tonight. Winners of 8 in a row at one point (Dec 19-Jan 4), they have lost 6 of their last 10. They have allowed 41 goals (3rd most in the league) over that span.

Meanwhile, this season has been a big letdown for the Panthers after they just missed the playoffs last year. Even though they possess some talented players, the club hasn't been able to take that next step. Perhaps both teams' struggles prompted them to make a trade together last week.

PROJECTED LINEUPS

Pittsburgh

59 Guentzel - 87 Crosby - 27 Bjugstad
17 Rust - 7 Cullen - 81 Kessel
12 Simon - 19 McCann - 72 Hornqvist
14 Pearson - 53 Blueger - 10 Wilson

28 Petterrson - 58 Letang
8 Dumoulin - 73 Johnson
3 Maatta - 50 Riikola

Florida
72 Vatrano - 16 Barkov - 63 Dadonov
11 Huberdeau - 21 Trocheck - 25 Brassard
68 Hoffman - 95 Borgstrom - 15 Sheahan
22 Brouwer - 62 Malgin - 7 Sceviour

3 Yandle - 5 Ekblad
19 Matheson - 13 Pysyk
12 McCoshen - 2 Brown

GAMEDAY MUSIC

LET'S GO PENS!

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m predicting the team goes 0-3 on this road trip unless Schultz and Geno both return....it’s hard for me (and apparently the players as well) to get too excited about their chances when I see 100-year-old Matt Cullen as the 2C and JJ promoted to the second pair to bring down Dumo’s top 5 league-leading +/-....

Reactions: LittleSpoon

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Thanks BHD, for the GDT!

Boys are working out on the sand again.

Crash and burn, hey Pens...

Slacker... Sniff...... You stink.

LZEbe3H.gif

I hope JJ got a bad sunburn that will prevent him from being able to put on his equipment tonight...you know I don’t begrudge anyone their fun, but when I see some players in these photos who appear to put more joy into their volleyball game than their hockey, it irks me ....

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Huge game.

Your playing the best team in hockey after this, after that your playing the hottest team in hockey.

You gotta find a way to win this one.

Reactions: Andy99

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I hope JJ got a bad sunburn that will prevent him from being able to put on his equipment tonight...you know I don’t begrudge anyone their fun, but when I see some players in these photos who appear to put more joy into their volleyball game than their hockey, it irks me ....

That's my infusion to it, they were not really playing Volleyball. At least not in those photos. Looks to be exercising.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
No Malkin, Murray, Schultz or ZAR, officially.

But I’m sure we all assumed that given their morning skate without the rest of the team.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well i'm off to watch the game with my pops again so very limited tonight. Hopefully they bring some energy? It's just disappointing. I'll go on record for saying this literally is a Cup contending lineup, but they just don't have a clue how to put it together. It sucks to watch.

And I know the majority of us agree, but the move to big vs. speed makes zero sense. Always go speed. If something wins you back to back cups, you go to the well until that shit is more than dried up. I don't think this team is far away from speed, btw. Just a couple small moves and it's a speed team again. I like the base of the roster. I'm not doom and gloom like many others. But the small extra pieces need to have a focus on our real identity.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
We sure could use a 2C right now....

What does it say about McCann and Bjuk if Sully is going with Cullen over them at 2C???

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Such an odd lineup. Massive changes that will almost certainly go back to normal when the other team scores a goal lol. Lets go pens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad