GDT: Game 54: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs 5/8/21 7:00pm EST CBC, SNE, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Did I imagine it or early in the season we could play the Leafs and we knew how to frustrate their best players? Why are the Habs so damn soft. Is that the "new way" of coaching for the new coaches, just let the opposite best players play?

Capz

Jul 1, 2019
LOL.

Did I hear Elliot right ?

The only question Molson should have about MB's future is when, once the team is eliminated, he'll get fired.

I would pay to watch Molson get smacked in the nuts. Thousands of dollars.

I dont care if we get to the ECF he should go. He can stay if a cup win

Reactions: Andrei79

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Gets a breakout pass to go one on one with the defender and instead of trying to protect the puck and drive the net he stops and curls at the blueline to wait for a winger. I don’t know how people see 1C. He just doesn’t have it, whether it’s the skating or the offensive instinct.
It’s definition of 1C, Plekanec was a 1C, had 3-seasons w 60pts+ (incl career season of 70-points)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I think there's about as much hype with CC as there was with Price. And that's saying a lot because Price was highly regarded coming in. He'd won at every level and won the Calder cup. He was seen as blue chip much the same way CC is.

Before that? Honestly, I can't remember a prospect that had any real hype behind him. You're right, it might very well have been Koivu.

The Hockey News named Koivu as the best prospect outside of the NHL, so yeah, he had hype.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I get KK is easy to pick on cause he is gangly and falls.

If people are honest, pretty much every forward is doing nothing except Suzuki and Toffoli

Anderson looks like he is doing a lot, looks great. No production. Tatar? Where? Staal? Perry? Both on their asses all game.

Its just a poorly assembled team of streaky players

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Is it just me or is Jake Allen better when Price is healthy and distinctly in the starter role. It's almost like he's a backup
When you're a backup, you're sheltered. Typically we've played Price against harder teams. Backups get more rest and play teams we expect to beat.

Our D suck. It's why for years we haven't been able to rely on backups to win games. Basically it was an automatic loss without Price. So we got a good backup and he did really, really well. But there's a world of difference between being a starter and a backup. And we're seeing that now.

Reactions: Le Tricolore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->