GDT: Game 54: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs 5/8/21 7:00pm EST CBC, SNE, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Jake Allen has is terrible at tracking pucks. That is the reason he is a backup and not a starter

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I think there's about as much hype with CC as there was with Price. And that's saying a lot because Price was highly regarded coming in. He'd won at every level and won the Calder cup. He was seen as blue chip much the same way CC is.

Before that? Honestly, I can't remember a prospect that had any real hype behind him. You're right, it might very well have been Koivu.

Ribeiro was insanely hyped (and worthy)

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
The last PP made the difference. Leafs had just scored to make it 2-1 and Montreal had the opportunity to "erase" that goal almost instantly. The PP was atrocious and I knew then that Toronto would score the next one or 2.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Didn’t Price have a hard time during his first few seasons in the NHL? Just asking.
Had a great first season. Was awesome in his first playoff series too. Had a rough one against Philly following it up.

Next year he was on fire until getting hurt. He was derailed from there and struggled to the point of losing his job. Got the full time starter role in 2011 and never looked back.

Reactions: OpenIceHit

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I don’t watch rds or tva sports because of their bias. I’d rather watch the opponents feed. I hate hearing excuses they come up with and the constant spotlight on “home town boys”.
Same people blaming CBC to be on Matthews case everytim until you tune to RDS/TVA and hear Carey Price or Danault all night long. Pretty much the same on both ways.

_habsfan9

Nov 26, 2005
jake allen with a terrible game.Goes to show how much we need price, lets hope he plays next game :(

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I've accepted that he's likely going to be benched for the playoffs, which is hard to argue with his play in the last 4 weeks. At the very least, he should have been rested a few times during that crazy stretch in April.
I'm just hoping he goes back to Finland next year. His offensive instincts aren't good enough to carry him.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Still one of the youngest.

People here don't seem to realize that playing in the NHL at that age is exceptional, not the norm.

And it's meant for exceptional players which he clearly isn't at this point. I thought he started playing well when a while back but it all disappeared. It's at the point where he needs to start contributing in some way.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
One period left before they meet again in the PO's so please send a message in the 3rd. Knock that stupid little wink out of Marner and you still owe Brodie for that KK slash.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
It's always the same story with this team.

Big first period, terrible 2nd and 3rd.

Terrible 1st period, decent 2nd and 3rd.

Can't they play a **** 60 minutes game once in a while.
Meh, other teams are trying to coast. When they see they have to put in a bit of effort, it's generally over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->