GDT: Game 54: Kings @ Coyotes, 7 PM AZ Time, BSAZ-Extra

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Lets face it. This team is not as good as the Kings. Probably not as good as the Sharks either. Maybe even with the Ducks.
The last 20 games could test the will of any fan.
Just pathetic.
Good job Tocchet. Helluva effort on fan depreciation night.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
BA boasted at the trade deadline that this team earned his respect and earned the right to stick together to try for a playoff run.

In 13 games since that trade deadline, they have lost 10 of those games. I hope BA is humiliated about how this embarrassment has made him look.

He better be f***ing ready this summer.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
The Coyotes officially eliminated by the Kings who are still in it and will likely finish ahead of the sinking ship Coyotes. It was fan appreciation night, and the Coyotes were good to the large number of Kings fans in attendance, by letting Kopitar score his 1000th career point.

Reactions: Summer Rose

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The Coyotes officially eliminated by the Kings who are still in it and will likely finish ahead of the sinking ship Coyotes. It was fan appreciation night, and the Coyotes were good to the large number of Kings fans in attendance, by letting Kopitar score his 1000th career point.

Well, ya gotta be kind to the people who pay the bills. :sarcasm:

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Wouldn't be the first, second or 50th time the Coyotes have generously provided joyous moments to opposing fans in their own arena.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I went to fan appreciation night to see Doan in his last season. The Coyotes were, of course, already eliminated. Minnesota beat the zero effort Coyotes badly. It was the worse hockey game Ive ever attended. So, the Coyotes got a streak going !

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I went to fan appreciation night to see Doan in his last season. The Coyotes were, of course, already eliminated. Minnesota beat the zero effort Coyotes badly. It was the worse hockey game Ive ever attended. So, the Coyotes got a streak going !
I went to that game too! I definitely remember it as one of the worst I've ever attended, and it is even more sad to think it was Doan's last game and we didn't even know it. That 2016-17 year might be my least favorite season I've had as a fan.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
BA boasted at the trade deadline that this team earned his respect and earned the right to stick together to try for a playoff run.

In 13 games since that trade deadline, they have lost 10 of those games. I hope BA is humiliated about how this embarrassment has made him look.

He better be f***ing ready this summer.
It would have been easy to diplomatic without being so f***ing complimentary. It pissed me off then and it pisses me off now. I was very irritated with the “what did you expect, for him to publicly shit on the team?” crowd. As though the binary decision was saccharine gushing or fire and brimstone damnation. There was an appropriately non committal middle ground. And he didn’t choose that road. And it worries me about him. A lot. He came in pounding tables and shouting at press conferences. Now we get this lapdog shit? Ain’t right. Bad omen.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
It would have been easy to diplomatic without being so f***ing complimentary. It pissed me off then and it pisses me off now. I was very irritated with the “what did you expect, for him to publicly shit on the team?” crowd. As though the binary decision was saccharine gushing or fire and brimstone damnation. There was an appropriately non committal middle ground. And he didn’t choose that road. And it worries me about him. A lot. He came in pounding tables and shouting at press conferences. Now we get this lapdog shit? Ain’t right. Bad omen.
All we can hope for is that his actual attitude is different behind closed doors or has since changed. We'll see what he says at the locker cleanout.

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
It may be a bad omen or it could be that there was nothing he could do with our lack of cap and lack of dollars. I cant judge a GM on less than a years body of work. Next year is everything, Tochet is a solid coach perhaps but he has lost the room here (if he ever had it, may be an OK boomer situation) and he needs to be gone. OEL either needs to be traded or gamble with a right coach he can be rejuvenated. Untouchables are Garland and Chychrun and even Garland for an overpayment I would move in a heartbeat. this time next year we can look back on GMBA and evaluate.

Hell I would fire everyone but the Wetzels Pretzels people if I could. Possibly why I cant get a job running a hockey team anywhere.

CanadianCoyote

Oct 11, 2020
Ontario, Canada
GMBA didn't make us crash horribly in the last bit of the season, guys. He's added some important elements to this team that we needed to grow, and I can see some real improvement forming out of guys like Hill and Chychrun.

At this point, we need to seriously consider letting Tocchet go. He's coached us to one embarrassing playoff f***ing by Colorado which is his only season above .500 since he came on four seasons ago. Hell, we may even have to face the facts that we need to move some guys like OEL or Raanta.

GMBA isn't the problem. The on-ice team is. And the little snake Chayka f***ing our draft futures on the way out certainly isn't going to help him.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

I fear the pendulum may have swung way, way too far in the other direction from Chayka. This dude may be an idiot as well, just in a completely different way. Only time will tell.

This summer has to be definitive.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It may be a bad omen or it could be that there was nothing he could do with our lack of cap and lack of dollars. I cant judge a GM on less than a years body of work. Next year is everything, Tochet is a solid coach perhaps but he has lost the room here (if he ever had it, may be an OK boomer situation) and he needs to be gone. OEL either needs to be traded or gamble with a right coach he can be rejuvenated. Untouchables are Garland and Chychrun and even Garland for an overpayment I would move in a heartbeat. this time next year we can look back on GMBA and evaluate.

Hell I would fire everyone but the Wetzels Pretzels people if I could. Possibly why I cant get a job running a hockey team anywhere.
Knowing he can’t make moves does not equal heaping unjustified praise. You can be diplomatic without healing on unjustified praise.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Do they watch film of the games? Think any of the players notice how many goals Bunting is standing in front of the net? Even the ones he's not scoring himself? Would be nice if a couple more guys adopt that ground breaking strategy.
Yup. He is always standing in front of the net. It was sure fun watching him this season. He won't keep up this pace, but as long as he hustles, and stands in front of the net he will become a valuable addition to the Yotes.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Yup. He is always standing in front of the net. It was sure fun watching him this season. He won't keep up this pace, but as long as he hustles, and stands in front of the net he will become a valuable addition to the Yotes.
A 25 year old rookie winger is now our savior after 20 games played, sad.

Reactions: LittlePipes

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
The team couldn't be bothered to assemble at center ice and give the fans a stick raise. Lame. I did get a hat, black with the Kachina head logo on it. Also got a puck signed by Schmaltz. My wife got a puck signed by Kessel.
We got Pitlick and Ranta.... tradesies?

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Just watched the “line brawl” from Rangers Caps game yesterday. Geez, I’d pay a good amount to go to Coyote games if they had a little toughness like that. Right now, they are pansies. Except Garland.

Reactions: 0point1

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Just watched the “line brawl” from Rangers Caps game yesterday. Geez, I’d pay a good amount to go to Coyote games if they had a little toughness like that. Right now, they are pansies. Except Garland.

More people would pay good money if they would just win more games than they lose.

Reactions: 0point1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad