GDT: [Game #54] Dallas Stars @ Nashville Predators – 7:00 PM CT (ESPN+)

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I'm finna get real petty for a sec (bc I really don't care about points for Ryan Suter), but can someone explain to me how he doesn't get an assist on Smith's goal? He lofts the puck into the zone, the defenseman tries, but fails, to catch the puck, Steele then gathers the puck and immediately centers the puck to Smith for the goal. How is failing to catch the puck in midair deemed "possession"?
the NHL feels bad enough that we signed that loser, and is doing their part to not make the front office think they made a good signing

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
It's a change of possession. Doesn't matter whether he successfully made the transition from hand to stick. Once he intentionally touches the puck with his glove it's Nashville in possession regardless of whether he immediately loses it.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
It's a change of possession. Doesn't matter whether he successfully made the transition from hand to stick. Once he intentionally touches the puck with his glove it's Nashville in possession regardless of whether he immediately loses it.
That seems pretty ridiculous to me considering the fact that he was never actually in control of the puck but if thems the rules, so be it.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I take some credit for this. Trying to be a good husband, I agreed not to watch the Stars so we could watch TV together. It is one of the superstitions I have about the Stars....along with what coffee cup I drink out of in the AM, not wearing Stars gear on game days, and a few others. I will say, I attended the Carolina game which is not one of my game splits, which usually also results in a loss, so maybe the curse is being broken, but I won't chance it again!

• Wow
Reactions: Satan

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The next time the Stars play Nashville, expect the Predators to be especially violent. The Stars embarrassing them caused the team to cancel a special trip the players had planned to Vegas to go see U2 in the Sphere.

The U2 concert at Sphere in Las Vegas was going to go on Sunday with or without the Nashville Predators and their staff.

Because general manager Barry Trotz and coach Andrew Brunette still hadn't found what they were looking for from their team last week, including during Thursday's 9-2 loss to the Dallas Stars at Bridgestone Arena, the show went on without them.

That made Sunday anything but a beautiful day for the team. Instead of spending the off day in Vegas at the concert, the Predators spent the off day in Nashville following its 5-2 victory Saturday against the Blues in St. Louis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad