Post-Game Talk: GAME #54: Capitals def. Canucks - 3-2 (Granlund, Pettersson)

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I could also see just missing the playoffs. The Canucks select 13th overall, and select Pouliot's brother lol.

Just happy that Pettersson got the goal, but it seems as if we keep getting screwed by the zebras.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
The fact that Gudbranson & Pouliot are still in the lineup is utter stupidity. Waive these useless plugs and bring up some actual players from Utica (Sautner, Brisebois etc.).

Reactions: dim jim

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Kinda sucks that a waved off goal cost us in Philly, and a questionable high stick goal counting cost us here. Bounces not going our way. The first period effort was lame, to be sure, but still.

Happy to see Pettersson hit the score sheet. Team’s battle level in the 2nd and 3rd was quite strong, which was good to see.

On to the next one.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I could also see just missing the playoffs. The Canucks select 13th overall, and select Pouliot's brother lol.

Just happy that Pettersson got the goal, but it seems as if we keep getting screwed by the zebras.
Here's the thing, most brothers tendon in the nhl contain at least one good one
Schenn brothers
Reinhart brothers
Strome brothers
Staal brothers
and of crouse, Gretzky brothers

Reactions: timw33

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Here's the thing, most brothers tendon in the nhl contain at least one good one
Schenn brothers
Reinhart brothers
Strome brothers
Staal brothers
and of crouse, Gretzky brothers

I am not sure if Pouliot has a brother lol, I was just making a joke about our luck. But you're absolutely right, I'm sure if Pouliot had a brother in this years draft, odds are he will probably be better. Hey, you cant get any worse.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
How did the refs miss the highstick goal?? Did they review it? Are they ******ed?
The league is as crooked as they come, now they've gone fully corrupt with betting, that's why LV was gifted with a cup contending team. There isn't an excuse in the world for that goal and this is at least the third time they've pulled something like this, this season. The Canucks will either make the playoffs or they'll miss by only a few points to one of the teams nothing remotely like this ever happens to them, while it happens multiple times a year fo the Canucks.

Reactions: MajinBo

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Bounces/luck didn't go our way tonight (and last night), but from the 2nd period on, we played a competitive game against the Stanley Cup champions, without our #1 D.

Learning experience for the young guys. Sigh.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Biega continues to get shafted, just getting a little over 12 mins tonight. While Green's favorite Pouliot continues to get the ice time, including in the final minutes when the Canucks had a empty net and needed to score. Green continues to over look huge mistakes, and constant goals against because of his love affair with one player. Please send Pouliot to the minors already, its a easy transaction, but one of the best ones you can do to improve the team. An addition by subtraction.

Hutton was awesome, and Marky was strong again.

F*** the refs

Reactions: mossey3535

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
Who cares, i turned the game off after the blatant high stick, wtf's the point of watching, even if they make the playoffs they'll play ref favorite's and burkie's own Flames.

Quit your whining. It was a good call. The stick was high and waved around but never made contact with the puck.

Looks like the Canucks are beginning their predictable drop down the standings in the second half of the season.

Reactions: Zippgunn

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Despite all the spin from the House Radio Station and all the Canuck spinmeisters, this team isn't making the playoffs. Just not happening with the bliueline they have to put out there night after night.

A couple of other observations. Horvat is a horse night after night on both sides of the puck, but he goes through too many scoring droughts for my liking. They simply need more from him in these pivotal games. But just possibly he can't deliver it. Even with the emergence of Pettersson, the Canucks need more offense from their center position. Maybe Gaudette, and possibly Madden eventually. But they need more.

And I can't understand for life of me why Chris Tanev is on the 'no trade' bandwagon. Two egregious giveaways in two nights resulting in key goals against. Benning has to get off the pot and find a trading partner for Tanev and Sutter. It's time.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
A couple of other observations. Horvat is a horse night after night on both sides of the puck, but he goes through too many scoring droughts for my liking. They simply need more from him in these pivotal games. But just possibly he can't deliver it. Even with the emergence of Pettersson, the Canucks need more offense from their center position. Maybe Gaudette, and possibly Madden eventually. But they need more.
Look at who they saddle him with night after night, just a constant stream of bottom 6 plugs, and he's still on pace for 65 points despite that. I think it demonstrates our lack of top 6 wingers. Sign Stone in the offseason, put him with Bo, and we'll have a 75 point 2nd line center.

Horvat and Pettersson are the only two forwards that it's absurd to complain about this season in my opinion. Everyone else is fair game.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
What a lousy birthday game, Im getting sick of hockey this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->