weg4XeV.jpg

vpLZcgM.jpg

C3lpdQNWcAANLCQ.jpg

MOST ANNOYING FAN IN HOCKEY :rant:

MOST ANNOYING SCOREBOARD VIDEO IN NHL

Tonight's Officials

nhlhs_7.jpg
130p_sutherland.jpg

Referees Garrett Rank (7), Kelly Sutherland (11)
Linesmen Brian Murphy (93), Devin Berg (87)

Ntl. Anthem Bob McDonald

WAYBACK MACHINE

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins visit the Capitals tonight in the 2nd of 3 games between these teams and the 2nd & final game of this season’s series at Verizon Center … The Bruins are 26-21-6 thus far this season with a 14-9-6 mark on the road … They are 6-7-5 vs. Metropolitan
Division opponents and are 20-12-6 vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.

They are concluding tonight their 9th of 14 sets of back-to-back games, as they played in Tampa Bay last night … They entered tonight’s game 5-2-2 in the 1st of those games and are 1-5-1 in the 2nd game this season.

The Bruins have won 3 straight games for the 4th time this season & 1st since 12/1, 12/3 & 12/5 .. They are looking to win 4 straight for the 1st time since a 5-game win streak from 11/19-27 of last season.

BOSTON vs WASHINGTON, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Capitals are meeting for the 153rd time in their histories with the Bruins having a 76-45-21-10 record and 497-420 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 34-24-12-6 in their 76 road games of this lifetime series with a 241-221 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins are winless in their last 7 games vs. the Capitals at 0-5-2, including a 4-3 OT loss in Washington on 12/7 in the 1st game of this season’s series, with their last win vs. Washington a 4-2 road victory on Mar. 29, 2014 … They are 2-7-5 in their last 14 games
vs. the Capitals overall, are 0-3-1 in their last 4 road visits and are 4-5-4 in their last 13 trips into Washington.

The 7-game winless streak vs. Washington is Boston’s longest such current stretch vs. any opponent.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Dominic Moore is 3 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.
Jimmy Hayes is 2 points short of his 100th NHL point.

INJURIES (129 total man-games lost)

None

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Oh sweet baby Jeebus, the horn fan! Kill it! Kill it with fire! Don't the Pens have one of those guys too?

I always wondered if it was over the PA or if it was a random fan, but it makes since, because I'm pretty sure the NHL doesn't allow PA noise over the action (or, at least all 30 teams happen to cut the noise during the game).

Fun little fact from the Verizon Center:

https://verizoncenter.monumentalsportsnetwork.com/articles/verizon-center-prohibited-items
Prohibited Items (including, but not limited to)

Weapons (guns, knives, chains, spikes, projectiles, projectiles, tasers)
Balloons
Cans, bottles, or coolers*
Food and beverages purchased outside of Verizon Center
Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia
Laser pointers
Luggage, roller bags or bags larger than 13†long, 9.5†tall, and 6†wide
Monopods, tripods or selfie sticks
Noisemakers such as can operated air horns, sirens, kazoos, whistles
Pets (other than service animals)
Sticks or poles
Wrapped gifts**
Video and audio recording devices
Any other item deemed by Verizon Center.

I honestly have no idea who should start as goalie, but I guess seeing how Rask holds up in a back-to-back will be...instructive? I mean, I guess it's nice to dip your toe in that water. Curious when the last time the Bruins have voluntarily played a goalie in B2B games in the regular season in a game that counts (ie no end-of-season burnoffs, no injuries to a #1/2 goalie).

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Thanks Fenway! I momentarily forgot about the horn. :cry:

I hate the 8:00 start, hate playing the Caps because someone always gets injured, I hate Holtby in net against us.

Lots to hate.....please give us something to cheer for and make it 4 in a row! Time to snap the losing streak against the Caps!

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Mentioned this yesterday but I had a dream that they finally strung together four wins in a row.

Lets make it a reality! Go Bs! :handclap:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hope we get the same referring as last night

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Oh sweet baby Jeebus, the horn fan! Kill it! Kill it with fire! Don't the Pens have one of those guys too?

I always wondered if it was over the PA or if it was a random fan, but it makes since, because I'm pretty sure the NHL doesn't allow PA noise over the action (or, at least all 30 teams happen to cut the noise during the game).

It's a NHL rule that the music stops when puck dropped.

The Caps love Sam the Horn Guy and even included him a commercial. :help:

Sam also sells this :rant:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Four-time Emmy Award-winner Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick (play-by-play), U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame member Eddie Olczyk (analyst), and Emmy Award-winner Pierre McGuire (‘Inside-the-Glass analyst) will call this week’s Bruins-Capitals Wednesday Night Rivalry game from Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.

Pre-game coverage on NHL Live begins one hour prior to all games on NBCSN. Liam McHugh will anchor coverage throughout the week, joined by analysts and former players Mike Milbury, Keith Jones, and Jeremy Roenick, as well as NHL insider Bob McKenzie for Wednesday Night Rivalry. Post-game coverage on NHL Overtime will air on NBCSN immediately following this week’s games.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Don't think Wilson would go with Quaider.

Wilson isn`t afraid of going with too many people, problem I have with him is he`s a spot picker, he`ll isolate often on a guy who`s at the tail end of a shift. He fought Miller 2X in a game before I believe and he`s fought Quaider

Whom he goes with isn`t the question, it`s his timing

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Bruins are 0 for 7 in their last 7 games against the Caps.

Shut out 3 times
Scored 1 goal 2 times
Scored 2 goals 1 time
Scored 3 goals 1 time

But the last 2 have gone to OT.

I would take a point against the team with the most points in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad