GDT: Game 54 - Blue Jackets @ Coyotes FSAZ+ 7:00 MST, 7 Feb 2019

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think Pittsburgh could really use him, should really be interested in him, and I think he’d go back for a cup run. Panik (50%) and Goligoski for Rust?
Think we'd get more, to be honest. But Rust would be Tocc's hero. And it would be nice to replace Cousins in that role.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
"John MacLean with the whiteboard"

Oh boy.

SolidPrestigiousBee-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Katie Connauton

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Well... Losing streak adds another. It's the same story been told all season. Bad PP, injuries, weak goal against for good measure.

The injury thing is unreal at this point.. has been for a while. Don't know how it's even possible. Just getting beaten down over and over again.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Behold, the tactical genius that is John MacLean

The funny thing is they actually had a chance to pull something off. I don't think they had time to get 2 but 1 was on the table.
Right after they actually won a clean o-zone faceoff the puck went to OEL.

Normal team: Perfect time for a set play
Our team: eh let's kick it around and do nothing

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Tried to watch this in the morning, just a few hours after you - sound is hopeless on my recording, with electrical smacking noices. Cheated and skipped a little, but it didn't help. I can read here that's not the worst.

Didn't need more injuries, nope. Sad to read Capo is out. Very, very sad.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Just Panik.

Panik, Weal, Kempe, Oesterle and Pickard are the UFA's.

Kempe and Pickard have no trade value. I'd like to keep Weal and Oesterle.
Out of that group I would keep Panik.:)The rest can pack their bags. I do think Panik will be traded.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Panik has some high level assets/skills. He's just prone to floating and I have little patience for that. I think he could return a 2nd rounder.

Gally, Grabner, Cousins, Crouse as LWs
Keller, Vinnistroza, Garland, Fischer as RWs
Schmaltz, Stepan, Dvorak, Richardson as C's next season
Weal, Merkley and Archibald as competition for Crouse and Cousins

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'd see if someone would bite on KConn.
Maybe we’ll see what Nathan Beaulieu gets? They should have similar value. NB is paid more but has an expiring deal. Given that Boyle got a 2nd, it’s not crazy to think Panik might get a 3rd. Especially if we retain on his expiring deal.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Yep. We bag on KConn but he's a decent bottom pairing D that can occasionally slide up when necessary. His contract is fair as is his production. But I'd like to move him because I think someone like Capo can do the same job for cheaper. The extra 500k is a big difference for this club.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Panik's going to be traded, if for no other reason than to let Conor Garland keep his roster spot once our injuries clear up (someday).

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think last night was a good example of the importance of faceoffs. We lose so many draws then waste so much time trying to get the puck.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think last night was a good example of the importance of faceoffs. We lose so many draws then waste so much time trying to get the puck.
That is what I have been saying all year. We spend so much time and energy chasing the puck after a FO lose. Stepan has a good 200 ft. game, but man he loses a lot of face offs.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
That is what I have been saying all year. We spend so much time and energy chasing the puck after a FO lose. Stepan has a good 200 ft. game, but man he loses a lot of face offs.

Stepan has not been great at 46.6% on the season, but not terrible. Kempe on the other hand, 1 for 12 last night. I could go out there and win 1 out of 12 :naughty:. Might as well take any other player on the ice and give them a shot...can't get much worse.

zEqdNO7.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->