GDT: Game 54 - Avalanche @ Golden Knights - All on the Line - 8PM

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
I thought Nemeth had his best game as an Avs. When G comes back it will be McDonald sitting, not Nemeth.

Kadri is almost ready for the playoffs, he’s better and better.

And if you can get Graves and Compher going, well that sounds good !

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
I don’t know if anyone else mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I thought both goals Lehner let in were soft. Him and Vegas’ crap power play lost them that game.

TanguaySauce

Better Than BBQ
Jan 3, 2018
Shaolin Island
I thought Nemeth had his best game as an Avs. When G comes back it will be McDonald sitting, not Nemeth.

Kadri is almost ready for the playoffs, he’s better and better.

And if you can get Graves and Compher going, well that sounds good !

God I hope not, but I can totally see Bednar making this decision

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
There were four positive possession players for the Avs in last night's contest: Kadri, Burakovsky, Newhook, and MacDonald.

I really do hope Bednar realizes he should sit Nemeth and not MacDonald but I'm fully prepared for him to pull a f***ing Babcock and say "tie goes to the veteran," where it ain't even a tie.

We're past the point of "small sample size" IMO. MacDonald is a real find for the Avs. I really hope we see him in the playoffs because he makes this team demonstrably better. I do believe the dropoff of the team's PK has a lot to do with losing MacDonald and Girard and having to rely way more on Graves and Nemeth.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
There were four positive possession players for the Avs in last night's contest: Kadri, Burakovsky, Newhook, and MacDonald.

I really do hope Bednar realizes he should sit Nemeth and not MacDonald but I'm fully prepared for him to pull a f***ing Babcock and say "tie goes to the veteran," where it ain't even a tie.

We're past the point of "small sample size" IMO. MacDonald is a real find for the Avs. I really hope we see him in the playoffs because he makes this team demonstrably better. I do believe the dropoff of the team's PK has a lot to do with losing MacDonald and Girard and having to rely way more on Graves and Nemeth.

MacDonald is more than that. He's a real find for humanity. The world is a brighter, better and more caring place with MacDonald. He should be up for the Nobel Peace Prize after he wins the Hart and Norris.

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
My reverse jinx worked again. I was talking to my girlfriend yesterday. I told her this guy yeah the ginger one makes 3,5M$ per year and is freaking useless. After he scored my GF is like "Isn't that the one you said he was useless?" and I said : "Yeah that's the one". :laugh:

Maybe I will call everyone useless next game ! :sarcasm:
Do Kadri next lol

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
MacDonald is more than that. He's a real find for humanity. The world is a brighter, better and more caring place with MacDonald. He should be up for the Nobel Peace Prize after he wins the Hart and Norris.

Apparently MacDonald...

...rubbed off on you.

cut.jpg

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'm genuinely surprised at how bad Nemeth has been. It's not even that he's bad, he just doesn't do anything and the puck still goes through him. Throw out what's left of EJ on the penalty kill and you wouldn't get a noticeably different result.

Reactions: missionAvs

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
MacK started the game fine, but there was a moment where he seemed to tweak something. I would've taken him out right there, but Bedz kept him in and he played the rest of the game favoring one side, and not being able to put full weight on the other side. Bedz even had him out there while Vegas had the goalie pulled, which is definitely not smart.

Yes, the division is important, but having a healthy MacK is more important, and I don't agree with Bedz letting him play that whole game.

Could you imagine MacK's response to Bednar...in addition to managing minutes, lines, and health, he's also managing the locker-room and the myriad personalities within it. If MacK says he's good to go and the medical staff says he's good to go...dude, think how MacK's going to act if you as the coach sit him. It's going to sit in his mind like punishment...and then resentment. That shit builds. Bednar is better than that.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm genuinely surprised at how bad Nemeth has been. It's not even that he's bad, he just doesn't do anything and the puck still goes through him. Throw out what's left of EJ on the penalty kill and you wouldn't get a noticeably different result.
Nemeth's lack of puck skills stood out when this team featured Nikita Zadorov, Mark Barberio and Anton Lindholm. Now? I swear it's like he's playing a completely different sport. The icings are one thing but he can't make a tape-to-tape pass to his defence partner let alone to forwards moving up the ice with speed.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
MacDonald is fine, but Avs need more Nemeth right now, especially now that he is back playing good solid defensive hockey, he also logs the most PK time, I know he still competes for the Norris but the number don’t lie

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
MacDonald is fine, but Avs need more Nemeth right now, especially now that he is back playing good solid defensive hockey, he also logs the most PK time, I know he still competes for the Norris but the number don’t lie

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not. Whatever Nemeth is doing out there it’s not defensive, it’s barely hockey, and it most certainly isn’t in a solid state.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not. Whatever Nemeth is doing out there it’s not defensive, it’s barely hockey, and it most certainly isn’t in a solid state.

It’s not at all, it’s based on the last game, look again at him, at his play on the 4 on 3, it’s not the same Nemeth who arrived a few weeks ago, he’s getting there

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I would keep MacDonald in over Nemeth but neither of them compete for the Norris in any shape, form, way or whatever. Nor will they ever.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I would easily keep MacDonald over Nemeth. He scares the bejesus out of me when he's on the ice. What I noticed against the Blues is that the Kyrou-Thomas line loves to cut in the middle and Nemeth is too slow to react and catch them (happened twice in the same game). We need speed the most possible way with both these teams Kaprisov loves circling around with the puck he would tire the sh** out of Nemeth. Keep MacDonald in the lineup he can provide offensively while being good on his own end. We should just keep one of Graves or Nemeth only for PK purpose.

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
He's actually 3rd in PK TOI for Avs d over the past 5 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad