Post-Game Talk: Game 53 - THE BEAR dances in St. Paul - BRUINS 6 Wild 1 F

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
For some people sports is just another excuse to drink, they don't really care about the game itself.
This is SO true. Sometimes they come looking for trouble. I can usually spot them early . They swear at the players, spill beer on other fans and just act like jackasses.

I get annoyed at times and if it wasn't for my sister (GahdenRinkRat) would probably get myself in trouble because I always feel the need to tell the idiots to shut up.

It doesn't stop me from loving being at the games though. The best thing to do (for me) is to ignore them (as they are usually looking for any attention they can get) and alert security if they are out of control.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I know a lot of people will disagree with me and certainly the owners would never do it, but I support no alcohol being served at games, after all there are lots of kids there and they don't need to see that stuff.
It would be OK with me but many enjoy beer with their game. For most fans it isn't an issue but there are always a few. What is bad too is after the game they get in their cars or trucks and drive when they shouldn't.

Reactions: bbfan419

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hopefully they will continue the good play when they get back to Boston Tuesday !
hope so too, was going to hit Vancouver when the B`s travel here later this month but with our trip to Barbados in early March, just have to be disciplined with our finances and be patient, I`ll have two viable opportunities once Seattle enters the league as I can take the ferry to either city

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
hope so too, was going to hit Vancouver when the B`s travel here later this month but with our trip to Barbados in early March, just have to be disciplined with our finances and be patient, I`ll have two viable opportunities once Seattle enters the league as I can take the ferry to either city
How do you like living in the West ? Do you miss Nova Scotia ?

The Nucks are a different team now but I really didn't like them for a couple of years.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
How do you like living in the West ? Do you miss Nova Scotia ?

The Nucks are a different team now but I really didn't like them for a couple of years.

I miss my friend`s in NS but not the weather, I played golf here Tuesday as an example and the snow we do get, which isn`t often, doesn`t come with -20 weather.

Love being close to the in-laws too, I`m a lucky man, have great in-laws and if there was one thing I wished I had the chance to do prior to my parents passing was being closer to be able to spend time with them, feel fortunate me and my bride have done so with this move.

This Canucks team is easy to like, get to watch them a ton out here obviously, free flowing, have a bit of bite to their game, lot`s of young talent, they aren`t ready yet to challenge for a Cup but they are certainly heading in the right direction, Tuesday will be a tough one

Reactions: VanIsle and Ladyfan

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
It would be OK with me but many enjoy beer with their game. For most fans it isn't an issue but there are always a few. What is bad too is after the game they get in their cars or trucks and drive when they shouldn't.
Agree most people are responsible I would hope anyway, but there are always some idiots. Anyone who drinks a bunch of beer and then drive their cars home are just plain stupid.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
This is SO true. Sometimes they come looking for trouble. I can usually spot them early . They swear at the players, spill beer on other fans and just act like jackasses.

I get annoyed at times and if it wasn't for my sister (GahdenRinkRat) would probably get myself in trouble because I always feel the need to tell the idiots to shut up.

It doesn't stop me from loving being at the games though. The best thing to do (for me) is to ignore them (as they are usually looking for any attention they can get) and alert security if they are out of control.
You are so right, lots of them just want the attention and seem to enjoy trying to ruin what should be a fun time for many others. All you can do is tell security and hopefully they take care of it. Maybe they should have a 1-2 drink max per game rule.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Went to the last Caps/Bruins game in Washington. Had zero issues ,in fact it was a fun night talking with Cap fans in enemy territory.

Been around a ton of hockey people over the years at every level and one thing is constant. Great people!

It's the idiots that have no manners and when you mix booze with an idiot you have a chance for a confrontation.

oh I’ve encountered some great and some rather awful people, everywhere I’ve been including Boston. Just for whatever reason i feel much more tension in the air when I’m out of town

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
I have been to a bunch of B's away games and never had any real issue. We have been teased but mostly in fun.
I go to Vancouver to watch the Bruins and found the same. It has been fun with fans whether Canucks win or lose. Got my tix for Feb 22!

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
What about Eric Staal as a winger for DK ? Has he ever played wing ?
Big guy, has 17 goals this year, can play center if there is an injury.
Contract is only for 2 years and 3.5 mill per year cap hit i think.
Pretty sure he’s nixed trades in the past. Or said he’s retire. Can’t remember now.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Loved the grit the entire team showed.
We will need that all team effort all the way into the playoffs.
What I noticed was we played with a chip on our shoulder...a little bit of a-hole in our game. Nice to see cuz everytime I see the Blues and Caps play, that's how they play.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
I go to Vancouver to watch the Bruins and found the same. It has been fun with fans whether Canucks win or lose. Got my tix for Feb 22!
Me too. I go every year and have never had a problem with Canucks fans (except after game 2 of the SCF outside the arena). There are always so many Bruins fans there that it’s a great atmosphere.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I know a lot of people will disagree with me and certainly the owners would never do it, but I support no alcohol being served at games, after all there are lots of kids there and they don't need to see that stuff.

In the UK at football (soccer) games, fans are only allowed to consume alcohol at the bars on the concourses - they aren't allowed to take alcoholic drinks back to their seats. This reduces the amount that most people will drink since, apart from at half-time, time spent drinking is also time spent missing the game.

It doesn't remove all issues, since some people drink too much before the games and some still drink too much during them, but it does help and it's a reasonable compromise - people can still enjoy a drink before the game or in breaks, but they can't just sit and continually chug beers unless they're prepared to miss the game and waste their ticket money.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
In the UK at football (soccer) games, fans are only allowed to consume alcohol at the bars on the concourses - they aren't allowed to take alcoholic drinks back to their seats. This reduces the amount that most people will drink since, apart from at half-time, time spent drinking is also time spent missing the game.

It doesn't remove all issues, since some people drink too much before the games and some still drink too much during them, but it does help and it's a reasonable compromise - people can still enjoy a drink before the game or in breaks, but they can't just sit and continually chug beers unless they're prepared to miss the game and waste their ticket money.
That is actually a good idea, sure if you want to just drink then go to a bar or stay home and watch the game. I can't see too many people buy an expensive ticket and missing most of the game.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad