Laval Rocket: Game 53: Rochester Americans @ Laval Rocket, March 1st, 2023, 7:00 PM -- RDS, AHLtv, TSN690, BPM

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Game is in the 3rd period, 14:47 to go. Laval leading it 5-4. Laval ahead in shots, 29-25.

Laval just scored but the goal is under review.

Goal is good! Laval now on top 6-4.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
McKay scores, his 3rd point of the game. Laval leads 7-4 with 12:31 to go.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
What a game. I was there in a loge with 8 of my friends and my father-in-law, we had such a blast! Abandonato, Dubé, Richard, Simoneau and many more put on a satisfying performance and we got the W. My throat is sore from all the yelling and chanting.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
What a game. I was there in a loge with 8 of my friends and my father-in-law, we had such a blast! Abandonato, Dubé, Richard, Simoneau and many more put on a satisfying performance and we got the W. My throat is sore from all the yelling and chanting.
Sounds like you had an awesome time….happy for ya!!

Reactions: Runner77 and Toene

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
It was my first time at the Place Bell, not just for hockey, and I am really impressed! What a fun night it was, probably one of my favorite live sport events I've been. Of course 7-5 helps, but let's not forget this team doesn't have a lot of top prospects, so I wasn't sure what to expect live. Turns out it was quite a show! Loved Dubé and Schueneman.

Lots of families/minor hockey teams, felt a bit like the Bell Centre on matinee games, but in a good way. Even the host and the side activities were fun. Yes, there has been a wave. No real olé chants though (it got close). The crowd had some fun with Subban, "cheering" him for an easy save after the 7th goal or chanting his name.

They celebrated Simoneau (during a commercial?) for his ELC, nice gesture.

Crazy that we have more people at our AHL arena than some teams in their NHL rink...

Rochester vs Laval again on Friday, Laval is now 3 points behind, but Rochester has two games in hand.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
It was my first time at the Place Bell, not just for hockey, and I am really impressed! What a fun night it was, probably one of my favorite live sport events I've been. Of course 7-5 helps, but let's not forget this team doesn't have a lot of top prospects, so I wasn't sure what to expect live. Turns out it was quite a show! Loved Dubé and Schueneman.

Lots of families/minor hockey teams, felt a bit like the Bell Centre on matinee games, but in a good way. Even the host and the side activities were fun. Yes, there has been a wave. No real olé chants though (it got close). The crowd had some fun with Subban, "cheering" him for an easy save after the 7th goal or chanting his name.

They celebrated Simoneau (during a commercial?) for his ELC, nice gesture.

Crazy that we have more people at our AHL arena than some teams in their NHL rink...

Rochester vs Laval again on Friday, Laval is now 3 points behind, but Rochester has two games in hand.
Honestly, I've generally had more fun at Rocket games than Canadiens games. Of course, I'm more emotionally attached to the CH, but in Laval, you get that comfy feeling of a local hockey game paired with the budget and product of a pro hockey game. It's like the best of both worlds. When you think about it, tonight we had double the number of fans of a regular season Arizona Coyotes game. The Place Bell is the most lit arena in the AHL ainec.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For those of you who enjoyed attending the game at Place Bell, it’s also a great place for concerts. I had floor seats to Porcupine Tree last year and couldn’t believe how crisp the sound was. Plus their seat configuration wasn’t cramped and there was a steady breeze throughout the show, so the air was never stagnant.

Only drawback was trying to get out of the STCM parking close by, where a lot of Place Bell customers park — it took almost an hour to make it to the exit, cars were moving at a snail’s pace.

Reactions: Toene and Tyson

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
For those of you who enjoyed attending the game at Place Bell, it’s also a great place for concerts. I had floor seats to Porcupine Tree last year and couldn’t believe how crisp the sound was. Plus their seat configuration wasn’t cramped and there was a steady breeze throughout the show, so the air was never stagnant.

Only drawback was trying to get out of the STCM parking close by, where a lot of Place Bell customers park — it took almost an hour to make it to the exit, cars were moving at a snail’s pace.
Gives away your age when you still call it the STC(U)M instead of STM lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gives away your age when you still call it the STC(U)M instead of STM lol.
Actually, it gives away that I don't take it. Gives away your age for trying to pin me down with such an innocuous detail lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad