GDT: Game 53: Hurricanes @ Sabres - 2/7 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Remember when he fleeced our gm in the skinner trade?

Remember his killer return for his summer blockbuster?

Me niether

And if Skinner doesn't sign here, then this year and that move was for naught and assets were taken from us.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
I usually agree with your post but not this one.Once Thompson gains some weight I believe he will be legit but will see
Fair enough. I guess I'm just struggling to see the potential. He strikes me as a one-trick pony, and teams will catch on to his couple of moves. Trust me, I hope I'm so wrong about this, because Botterill desperately needs to salvage something from that trade with St. Louis.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Tough to get injured when the guy isn't willing to go to the net or put forth effort in puck battles along the walls. He floats around thinking he's a skilled perimeter player. A skilled perimeter player that hasn't scored in 3 months.

Alongside Larry and Girgs has been a safe place for our worst players. Those two managed to make Berglund, Okposo, Thompson serviceable at least.
I think Sobotka may actually work with Girgs and Larsson's game. He's not horrible along the boards. The hope is that their effort rubs off on him, as he seems to only give about 50% effort most of the time.

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
All I keep hearing about is how BIG this game is, like the other 35 games don't matter. It is big, but not season over.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
All I keep hearing about is how BIG this game is, like the other 35 games don't matter. It is big, but not season over.
Carolina is all on in making a playoff push. The trade board has a threat about how Carolina isn't shopping Ferland anymore because they're striking distance from the playoffs. Carolina is going to bring it tonight. Buffalo needs to as well. Glad we won against Minny, but we can't play the same game as Tuesday night.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I usually agree with your post but not this one.Once Thompson gains some weight I believe he will be legit but will see
He's not being used properly. The Sabres have been looking for him to provide scoring. They've used him like he was lottery pick they have big expectations for. At this stage in his career the focus should be on developing his defensive game. With his reach and skating he could be a shutdown type of player. He could be a big asset when he's not scoring instead of a liability.

Reactions: sabremike

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
He's not being used properly. The Sabres have been looking for him to provide scoring. They've used him like he was lottery pick they have big expectations for. At this stage in his career the focus should be on developing his defensive game. With his reach and skating he could be a shutdown type of player. He could be a big asset when he's not scoring instead of a liability.
I concur. His reach, combined with some of the moves he has, he could be a solid line 3 winger with high defensive upside.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
At the game tonight. Last game I went to was the sharks game which was our 10th win in a row. Probably the best game I’ve ever been to. Hopefully this one is 1/10th as fun as that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad