GDT: Game 53: Hurricanes @ Sabres - 2/7 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Rather try one of the extra D on the 4th line then Sobo. Lets hope this game doesn't go to OT.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Ullmark needs to step up his game if he wants to be a starter in this league. The starting job is there for the taking, and if he can't take it from Hutton with the way he's playing, then the Sabres will know a lot more about their goal tending needs.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Carolina played really great vs Penguins in the other night, if they play like that tonight there will be a big fat and juicy L for Sabres. My money is on Carolina, but I don't do betting.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Ridiculous that the NHL doesn't go back to home teams wearing white. I bet if the NHL put it up for a vote, at least 75% of the vote would be in favor. Most hockey fans want to see the Flyers wearing orange, Bruins wearing black and gold, Rags wearing their blues, etc., when those teams come through town. This is so obvious, but, hey, it's the NHL.

The NHL didn't use whites at home until rather late in its existence. If you add up the years of color vs white at home, it favors color at home, historically. Even if you remove the past few years it changed back to color.

Last edited by a moderator:

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Ullmark needs to step up his game if he wants to be a starter in this league. The starting job is there for the taking, and if he can't take it from Hutton with the way he's playing, then the Sabres will know a lot more about their goal tending needs.
I concur. He's playing better than Hutton in terms of not letting easy ones past him, but he still has 19 GA in his last 17 periods.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Sobotka is right where he should be, finally. He can be effective there, and its not like Girgs-Larry get a ton of ice time, any reduction for Sobo is a good thing. Good move getting Tage in the pressbox too, needs another reboot

Reactions: KeepKane

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Thompson out over Pominville and Okposo. They put that letter on Okposo and now they are stuck playing him: it was really his turn.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
I'd rather see girgenson 2nd line second over sobotka seriously #Allstar

Sheary-Girgsenson-Reinhart ohhh yeaaaah

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Same. He's been terrible lately. Dude can't even get his shot off most of the time. I have very little faith that he'll ever be a Top 6 forward in the NHL. He just looks like a bust.
I usually agree with your post but not this one.Once Thompson gains some weight I believe he will be legit but will see

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad