Pre-Game Talk: GAME #53 | HABS @ LEAFS | THURS 7PM | TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Score more than 2 goals and it should be an easy win. Habs have little offensive talent and can barely muster 2 goals. 5 on 5 we were the better team, figure out how to convert on the powerplay too and we’ll be golden.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC

upload_2021-5-5_9-34-11.gif

Reactions: Burnie97

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I must have missed something, Montreal hasn't won the cup since 1993 and if it weren't for Kerry Fraser 1986, is this a metaphor for the fans and player's reaction?

They were all in our GDT/PGT trolling and celebrating like they just won the cup

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Well Noesen draws in. Good for him, gets a chance to show what he can bring. I recall he had some speed and grinder characteristics to his game, decent size and speed, and while not an enforcer, will drop them to defend a teammate. With depth so important and Hyman and Foligno currently hobbled, his game is a lower line fill in for that style of player. Hopefully this is the last we see of him.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Sad to say, I'm going to miss the game Fri morn (my time) as a tee time has been booked. Bloody hot, humid and a good chance of rain. But as the lockdown continues, at least we've got the chance to play some golf. Good to see Hyman back on the ice, Nash too. Foligno, I haven't read enough to know, but fingers crossed - does anyone remember Dubois and his time off? - Noesen, really? Interesting.
Looks like Keefe has ended the Liljegren experiment, at least he got some games and I believe performed well. Andersen, what to do with Andersen? Were I to guess, he plays 2 out of the 4 games with the Marlies between the 8th and 12th and starts for the Leafs on the 13th, with Campbell closing out the season on the 15th.

If nothing else, I'm loving the depth this team has. I don't think there's a huge drop-off in any position, or one where we are nakedly exposed. I hope Bogo, Zach, Foligno and Nash (he could be a heck of an addition to our defensive play) are back asap, but until then, this is still a good team. I like our depth at F and D. I think our bottom 6 can compete and our replacements not cost us much. As I said at the beginning of the season, it's up to our top players.

Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Rielly, Brodie, Muzzin, Campbell, Andersen...and yes, Babcock's favorite son, Mr. Zach Hyman...ladies and gentlemen, there are your difference makers, your hope. And I, for one, like this group. The rest of the team will throw us a surprise or two, but if this core performs to their abilities, we can go deep. Very deep.

Enjoy the game Thurs night, write some good comments in the PGT to help me fill in what I'll miss, don't let the refs piss you off too much, and, Go Leafs Go!

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Will be interesting to see what Noesen looks like, I'm really not that familiar with his game.

More physical RW version of Kenny Agostino. Higher end sniper at lower levels (when healthy, which is rare for him) but not good in his own end at all and not good enough to be higher than ~15th on the forward depth chart.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

Gittin Hy-Man and Nash back is trump huuuge for our identity and gezame sire. We rock the earth, others is suckas and we is winnas.

Hyman will make any team better, he one one of the biggest stars and thugs at the tezime. We will win again, rule the ice hockey world. Still be thugs and WHAT!!! :clap: DO LOVE LIFE y'all!

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
So when playoffs start we could have the following back:

Bogosian
Hyman
Foligno
Nash
Andersen

That's re-assuring to say the least. Amazing how well the boys have played despite injuries to our roster.

If Matthews scores tonight, we need to consider sitting him. We need our stars rested and in good repair for this post season. These playoffs are everything.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Winning the division is meaningless in hockey. I want the to win the division, because I don't want to go into the playoffs on a losing run but winning the division quite literally means zilch. You have to win the division in the playoffs not regular season. I just laugh at how some people put so much emphasis on winning it during the regular season. If they win it in the regular season but not make it into the final 4, nobody is going to remember who finished 1st.

Number of points matter IF you make it to the Final Four.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
So when playoffs start we could have the following back:

Bogosian
Hyman
Foligno
Nash
Andersen

That's re-assuring to say the least. Amazing how well the boys have played despite injuries to our roster.

If Matthews scores tonight, we need to consider sitting him. We need our stars rested and in good repair for this post season. These playoffs are everything.

Actually I kinda like what Keefe is doing now - just reduce their minutes. The PP is starting to come around and we need to be on a roll going in.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

Thought the Freddie detractors would have had some comments on this one. You guys are losing your touch.

Reactions: crump

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
yes it was a tongue in cheek comment. They were celebrating over there like they won the cup.

That's why you should keep away from other team's forums.

I want to be a mod just so I can kick other fans out of our forums. Especially the come in piece ones that frequent our PGT's

I dont post on other teams forums if thats what you are implying. Whether in peace or protest. But I do lurk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad