GDT: Game 53 - CBJ @ MTL - 2 Feb, 2pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Second half of the returning back-to-back. Will the Bjorkstreak continue?

Notes and projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Of Note
The Blue Jackets have points in seven straight games. … Oliver Bjorkstrand has 10 goals during a seven-game point streak including a four two-goal games. … Vladislav Gavrikov is plus-17 since Dec. 5, while Pierre-Luc Dubois is plus-14 in that span with 21 points (5-16-21) in 25 games. … Alexander Wennberg is one point from 200 in his CBJ career, while Atkinson is two goals from the 200 mark. … Montreal beat the Blue Jackets by a 3-2 score in a shootout Nov. 12, while Columbus earned a matter of revenge one week later with a 5-2 victory in Columbus.
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Gustav Nyquist - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Nick Foligno - Alexander Wennberg - Cam Atkinson
Sonny Milano - Boone Jenner - Emil Bemstrom
Nathan Gerbe - Riley Nash - Eric Robinson

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Scott Harrington - Markus Nutivaara

Elvis Merzlikins
Matiss Kivlenieks

Scratches: Jakob Lilja, Andrew Peeke, Joonas Korpisalo (injury)

Roster Report: Merzlikins will go back into the net while Milano will likely return for the Blue Jackets, though the lineup will not be known until Tortorella's pregame press conference.

canadiens.nhl.com has a "five things to know" preview article up.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Habs' last game:

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Could we not have another yesterday please? February is 'the easier' of the two remaining months. Every point is as valuable as latinum..

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Can't blame the Kivs kid for yesterday. A team has to be able to score more than one goal to win so somebody, anybody needs to step up on this team and start scoring some goals.

Reactions: Madifer

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
If we play like yesterday, we will lose ugly. Montreal was great against Fla so im little worried about this. Hopefully we can find a way to win but i bet my money to MTL.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
If we play like yesterday, we will lose ugly. Montreal was great against Fla so im little worried about this. Hopefully we can find a way to win but i bet my money to MTL.

Fla plays a very open style (Bobs numbers are there for a reason), so MTL will have to play differently here.

This game is very important. Much more so than yesterday's was. Bouncing back is crucial here as this is not the right time to have a prolonged dip or more.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I finally picked up YouTube TV. I am able to watch it on my upstairs TV through the LG app store, no longer have to confine myself to the basement

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Peeke is on the ice rn

Did torts say anything about lineup change?

Lili isn't in the warmup i think

Last edited:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
This may not be good for my liver but I've started drinking an Elvis Juice before Elvis' starts. Hopefully it keeps working for good luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad