GDT: GAME #53 BRUINS at Tampa Bay - 1/31 7:30 PM | NESN, Twitter, SN, TVA-S, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
C3gOD9aW8AAyz5T.jpg:large

WCuReFV.jpg

Kh3doeb.jpg

ct6KlYE.jpg]

Amalie-Arena-Home-of-the-Lightning.jpg

Tonight's Officials

130p_ohalloran.jpg
130p_luxmore.jpg

Referees Dan O'Halloran (13), TJ Luxmore (21)
Linesmen Pierre Racicot (65), Jonny Murray (95)

Ntl. Anthem

WAYBACK MACHINE

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins visit the Lightning tonight in the 3rd of 5 games between these teams and the 2nd & final game of this season’s series at Amalie Arena … The Bruins are 25-21-6 thus far this season with a 13-9-6 mark on the road … They are 13-5-1 vs. Atlantic Division
opponents and are 19-12-6 vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.

They are opening tonight their 9th of 14 sets of back-to-back games, as they will play in Washington tomorrow night … They entered tonight’s game 4-2-2 in the 1st of those games and are 1-5-1 in the 2nd game this season.

BOSTON vs TAMPA BAY, LIFETIME SERIES
The Bruins and Lightning are meeting for the 92nd time in their histories with the Bruins having a 58-23-9-1 record and 304-233 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 24-17-3-1 in their 45 road games of this lifetime series with a 134-129 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins are 14-3-1 in their last 18 games vs. the Lightning, including a 4-3 shootout win on 11/3 in Tampa & 4-1 win on 11/27 in Boston in the 1st 2 games of this season’s series, & they are 18-5-1 in their last 24 games of this lifetime set … They are 6-1-1 in their last 8 visits to Tampa, including wins on their last 3 trips.

Fun Fact – The Lightning are 1 of 3 teams (OTT, PHI) who have never swept the Bruins in a season series.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Dominic Moore is 3 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.
Jimmy Hayes is 2 points short of his 100th NHL point.

INJURIES (129 total man-games lost)

None

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1485865203000

PREVIEW

TAMPA, Fla. -- As teams come out of the All-Star break to begin the second half of the season, Tuesday's Boston Bruins-Tampa Bay Lightning game illustrates the tight logjam that is the bottom half of the Eastern Conference standings.

The Lightning (22-22-6), who reside one point ahead of last place in the East, are just six out of the final wild card as well as third place in the Atlantic Division, currently owned by the Bruins (25-21-6).

Boston has played two more games than the Lightning, which means the two teams are actually even closer in the standings. The Bruins skated to a 4-1 home win against Tampa Bay in November, and the division rivals will play twice in the final 10 games of the season.

Tampa Bay is returning home for the first time since Jan. 13 -- coach Jon Cooper joked that the road trip spanned two presidents -- but its focus isn't on the remaining 32 games, but simply the one next on the schedule.

"Our crunch time is Boston," Cooper said Monday. "There's no sense in looking too far ahead. ... It's pointless thinking like that. Boston's ahead of us. That's a team we need to catch to get in the playoffs. That's where our mindset is."

When the new year started, the Lightning were 19-15-4 and the Bruins 20-15-4, with Tampa Bay going 3-7-2 and Boston 5-6-2.

The teams' strengths will go head-to-head, as the Lightning have the NHL's No. 4 power play (22.8 percent) and the Bruins have the league's No. 2 penalty kill (86.5 percent). Boston goalie Tuukka Rask, coming straight from the All-Star Game, is sixth in the league with a 2.15 goals-against average; Tampa Bay's Ben Bishop ranks 30th, far behind at 2.78 goals against, with Andrei Vasilevskiy one spot behind him.

Boston is in a better position than Tampa Bay entering the game, but the Bruins share the same urgency to collect as many points as possible in head-to-head games like this before they fall behind.

"It's a necessity now. You're fighting for your life," center David Backes said. "We need to gather those points. Now is the time to do it. You have to have that emotional investment."

Boston goes back-to-back to open the second half with a game Wednesday at the Washington Capitals. Tampa Bay has three home contests in five days to start its final stretch.

Last edited:

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Rask looks to be starting...think its the right move. He should get all 3 games this week. After Saturdays game they don't play again until Thursday.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Lets get a streak goin here boys!

Had a dream the other night that they got a string of FOUR wins together for the first time this season. Lets make it a reality. Follow up that big win over the Pens before the break!

:yo:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
A 3 game winning streak would be nice! Hopefully win tonight and then go into Washington on a roll.

GO BRUINS!! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Rask looks to be starting...think its the right move. He should get all 3 games this week. After Saturdays game they don't play again until Thursday.

Bruins are playing 11 games in 29 days. Only two back-to-back and they are followed with lenghty breaks (one of these has a 7 days break). Start Rask for the 11 games. He can rest on the other 18 days.

Go Bruins!

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
really anxious for the next three weeks as it will dictate what we do at the deadline. When this team plays well, with a few additions could compete with anyone in the east. When this team plays poorly they could be a bottom 5 team.

Next few weeks will dictate what Sweeney does at TDL

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
really anxious for the next three weeks as it will dictate what we do at the deadline. When this team plays well, with a few additions could compete with anyone in the east. When this team plays poorly they could be a bottom 5 team.

Next few weeks will dictate what Sweeney does at TDL

I think that's more of a reflection of the state of the other teams in the East . Besides Pittsburgh,I really don't see too many Cup contenders , Washington never seems to get it done in the playoffs and I wouldn't bet on Columbus automatically continuing their solid play right through the playoffs and while Montreal is always Bruins kryptonite , there are other teams in the East capable of beating them .

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
For those who are out of town:

Looks like this is the first time the NHL's streaming on Twitter. They've got a bunch of games scheduled, too.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Home sick for this one, Lets Goooooooooo

I hope you feel better soon.

I love that video on game # 7 ...the handshake line with Timmy and Marty SL. I am such a sap.

I am in a horrible mood...beyond grouchy....so PLEASE win tonight.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
For those who are out of town:

Looks like this is the first time the NHL's streaming on Twitter. They've got a bunch of games scheduled, too.

Is this a free service ?
do you need a twitter acct ?

so i google twitter, and the first entry is www.twiiter.com and when i click on it, it pops up a page that says i have a virus
and wont let me leave. need to shut down firefox.

Last edited:

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Crazy how Vasilevsky's and Bishop's numbers are almost identical.

Also, Krejci at -11. Yikes!

Let's go B's!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad