GDT: Game 52: Vegas vs Coyotes - 7:00pm - BSAZ+

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
I hate stone. I see his face and instantly pisses me off.
Refs cost us that one. F this league.

Reactions: kbay

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
You guys got jobbed by the refs, weakest too many men I've seen in my life
upload_2021-5-1_22-51-27.png

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Technically it is by the rule book but the refs let that slide all the time when it's that close. He's already got half his foot on the bench.
His foot is half on the bench but the guy he changed for is 30 feet away and playing the puck. I doubt they let that slide very often.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
It’s usually let go unless the player subbing in touches the puck before the player subbing out is completely off the ice. In this instance Goligoski was not off before Chychrun touched the puck.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
His foot is half on the bench but the guy he changed for is 30 feet away and playing the puck. I doubt they let that slide very often.

Have not seen any clips but have to agree, if Chychrun was right next to Goose when he plays the puck they might let that go.

30 feet away is like giving a guy an unfair head start into a play.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I watched most of that game. Goose not taking a single goddamn stride to the bench was just a perfect representation of this team under Tocchet. 1% hustle and Chychrun has a shot in OT to win it. What a f***ing loser. I have 0 problem believing BA couldn't get any takers for goose and or Demers at the tdl, but at this point they should be sent home. Throw in capo, Gross, whoever.

LosPollosHermanos

Jan 29, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Gologoski is a f***ing bum and deserves to be scratched every night.
OEL looked bad, again. OEL is the most nonchalant captain of any sports team i've ever seen. If anyone has an argument for that, look at the on ice product every night. The teams is an embodiment of OEL at this point.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Gologoski is a f***ing bum and deserves to be scratched every night.
OEL looked bad, again. OEL is the most nonchalant captain of any sports team i've ever seen. If anyone has an argument for that, look at the on ice product every night. The teams is an embodiment of OEL at this point.
Gogo kind of got caught up ice on that second goal, but he has been playing very well lately, and OEL did not look bad, in fact he played very well. Maybe watch the game with your own two eyes instead of reading and believing all the posts on this forum.:)

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
It's hard to get upset at the refs calling a too many men penalty on a team that has had serious issues with this all season long.
No point in being mad, given the teams situation, but it could have gone either way and is not a call that should be made at that point of a game.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
No point in being mad, given the teams situation, but it could have gone either way and is not a call that should be made at that point of a game.

As pointed out, when the player coming on touches the puck before the player going off has left, they do call it.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
As pointed out, when the player coming on touches the puck before the player going off has left, they do call it.
Guess it depends on who’s doing the pointing, goose had a leg over the bench, too close to call at the end of a game, in OT, etc., should be let go at any potentially pivotal moment..... it’s basic hockey stuff that’s been normal practice for decades, unless a screw up like this happens.

Reactions: Jakey53 and kbay

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Guess it depends on who’s doing the pointing, goose had a leg over the bench, too close to call at the end of a game, in OT, etc., should be let go at any potentially pivotal moment..... it’s basic hockey stuff that’s been normal practice for decades, unless a screw up like this happens.
You would have a point if Chick isn't 30 plus feet away, that gets called almost every time. To not call it would be bad reffing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->