GDT: Game 52: Jackets @ Canes, 7PM EST

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Only watched a little bit, but noticed a couple things. The ice seemed atrocious! And I don’t know what the deal is with players running into each other, but I can only think it’s due to players not being used to playing with the guys they’re on the ice with, or a lack of a cohesive strategy, whether that’s due to players or coaching. It kinda seemed like it was a bunch of individuals just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Ned’s pass was awesome. Love when goalies do stuff like that.

They actually had some sweet passing sequences in the first 50 minutes of the game. You would have thought that Roslovic and Bemstrom had established chemistry, and that Robinson-Domi-Bjorkstrand was our veteran topline. I'm guessing you only saw the final part.

They were just exhausted. I've been there, you realize you're on a collision course with a teammate but putting the brakes on at that point feels like a 500 lb squat. You just sort of hope he gets out of the way for you.

Reactions: Stubu

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Seth needs surgery?

Huzzah! I found it:

Tortorella also confirmed that Jones will need some sort of procedure(s) over the summer, like Werenski.

"He's a guy that needs some work in the summer. Z needed some work in the summer...I told Z he had to go early because he needed to get his body taken care of. Jonesy's the same way, but Jonesy wanted to stay in here and play, and he's doing that."

John Tortorella Takes Responsibility For Lack Of Intensity, Says Seth Jones Should Be Next Captain

Reactions: majormajor

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Thanks for the info.

That's where I say to Jonesy "Oh you want to keep playing? Too bad. Get your surgery now and get ready for when it matters." We don't need him right now.
Yeah , but I think he’s trying to step up as the leader of this team with Foligno being gone , and make sure they finish the season playing the right way .Must be a minor procedure or I’m sure they would shut him down

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'll let the last bit go and say I thought that was the best team effort they've made in a long time. The creative passing was really nice to see. I wasn't expecting Roslovic and Bemstrom to click that well. Domi's line was really good again. The team got hemmed in several times but they kept sticks in the way and didn't let the Canes get much quality. Moneypuck has the Jackets winning the expected goals battle, which doesn't seem too far off to me. Not bad for this lineup vs the league leading team.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
I'll let the last bit go and say I thought that was the best team effort they've made in a long time. The creative passing was really nice to see. I wasn't expecting Roslovic and Bemstrom to click that well. Domi's line was really good again. The team got hemmed in several times but they kept sticks in the way and didn't let the Canes get much quality. Moneypuck has the Jackets winning the expected goals battle, which doesn't seem too far off to me. Not bad for this lineup vs the league leading team.
Dam, has Jarmo and Torts not yet have the Tank War strategy talk with Bjorkstrand, Elvis and Robinson and they certainly need to make Domi understand that one penalty, where Carolina didn't score on the PP is not good enough.:cool:
It is fine you score guys, but please make sure the opponent score least one more.:sarcasm:

It was a good game :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: EspenK

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I only watched the 3rd & OT but I thought they looked good from an eye test point of view. Still trying to understand the importance of expected goals. I thought the overall speed was good. Without Laine. Is he an anchor? Thought Elvis was very good. I'm thinking he is goalie we keep.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
It was discussed in the past the Emil Bemstrom does not have good passing/playmaking ability but if you can remember the pass that he made to Roslovic just before this chance:

it was a flash of what he can do. I can’t find video of the pass he made but it was a very good play.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I only watched the 3rd & OT but I thought they looked good from an eye test point of view. Still trying to understand the importance of expected goals. I thought the overall speed was good. Without Laine. Is he an anchor? Thought Elvis was very good. I'm thinking he is goalie we keep.
If he played in every line so yes... :sarcasm:

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
It was discussed in the past the Emil Bemstrom does not have good passing/playmaking ability but if you can remember the pass that he made to Roslovic just before this chance:

it was a flash of what he can do. I can’t find video of the pass he made but it was a very good play.

Who are the problem for the playmaking?
The one that make the pass not perfect?
or
The one that almost always fails to retrieve any pass?

Laine for sure does not seems to make other players better! Quite much the opposite!
So he easy end up as the anchor (or chain around the legs).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad