GDT: Game 52: Coyotes @ Kings | 2/3/18 8:30 p.m. MST | FS-A

Coyotes' effort level this game?

• Total voters

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
On a positive (well, neutral note) in a 6 - 0 pasting OEL was not a minus on the stat sheet.

And has any coach done less with so little than Tocchet? At this time I would say it is Chayka's worst move. Talk about a catch 22, the organization cant afford to keep him and cant afford to fire him.

Reactions: cobra427

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
On a positive (well, neutral note) in a 6 - 0 pasting OEL was not a minus on the stat sheet.

And has any coach done less with so little than Tocchet? At this time I would say it is Chayka's worst move. Talk about a catch 22, the organization cant afford to keep him and cant afford to fire him.

Do you think that Chayka's hands are on this? Why would Chayka create another power play after basically signing Tippett as his right hand man?

This reeks of Barroway making a decision that Tippett was not a coach to get it done.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Firing Tippett was the best decision this organization has made in years. Hiring Tocchet appears to have been a big mistake. That has nothing to do with Tippett who was pig vomit.
Pig vomit improved the teams record by 28 points in his first year here. We might be 28 points worse without pig vomit this year with a better roster. Great decision :thumbu:

Reactions: Jakey53

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Firing Tippett was the best decision this organization has made in years. Hiring Tocchet appears to have been a big mistake. That has nothing to do with Tippett who was pig vomit.
Not sure if it was the best decision but it may well have been the right decision to fire Tippet.

I agree that Tocchet is a poor hire. He needs to be fired this coming offseason. All of our major players are playing poorly this season and I don’t believe in coincidences. It’s Tocchet.

Reactions: Muppet

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Thank goodness for streaming. skipped through the 2nd and most of the 3rd. I probably should have quit after the first, but I still gotta support the team, even though they're barely giving 60% (at best).

If this pattern continues through this week, hopefully we'll have some early TDL moves.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Do you think that Chayka's hands are on this? Why would Chayka create another power play after basically signing Tippett as his right hand man?

This reeks of Barroway making a decision that Tippett was not a coach to get it done.

Of course it was AB. Same as with the Doan fiasco. AB's fingerprints are all over this.

:laugh: Wrong on the first, could be right on the second.

Reactions: cobra427

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's times like these, after games like that where I catch myself wondering "when is the next game?" and then my immediate, involuntary impulse is "I hope not today". It makes me cringe thinking about them taking the ice to try again. I don't blame the players who want to be traded out of here. My primary feeling as a fan is that I wish we could forfeit. Ugh.

Reactions: CC96

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
It's times like these, after games like that where I catch myself wondering "when is the next game?" and then my immediate, involuntary impulse is "I hope not today". It makes me cringe thinking about them taking the ice to try again. I don't blame the players who want to be traded out of here. My primary feeling as a fan is that I wish we could forfeit. Ugh.

Which is pretty sad that they are that bad they illicit feelings like that. One of the most disappointing things to me about this game was that their dads were watching and that was the best effort they could muster? Do they have no shame or feel no humiliation? Because that game was the definition of humiliation... to be absolutely crushed like that in front of your dads. You'd think they would have some more push back but I guess not.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Who wants to be traded out of here? Why are you feeling sorry for a bunch of millionaire babies when things don't go their way? I'm more pissed at the players and the way they have played than feeling sorry for them.

Which is pretty sad that they are that bad they illicit feelings like that. One of the most disappointing things to me about this game was that their dads were watching and that was the best effort they could muster? Do they have no shame or feel no humiliation? Because that game was the definition of humiliation... to be absolutely crushed like that in front of your dads. You'd think they would have some more push back but I guess not.

Exactly. No pride, no effort. That has been going on most of the season. I would like to know the root of the problem, but the way it looks the team has no clue either. Is it coaching? Management? Players? Ownership? I think it is a bit of "all of the above".

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Who wants to be traded out of here? Why are you feeling sorry for a bunch of millionaire babies when things don't go their way? I'm more pissed at the players and the way they have played than feeling sorry for them.

Exactly. No pride, no effort. That has been going on most of the season. I would like to know the root of the problem, but the way it looks the team has no clue either. Is it coaching? Management? Players? Ownership? I think it is a bit of "all of the above".
Good points. Our leadership group hasn't stepped up and taken the team on their shoulders like Doan used to. Nobody had called the ball and made the decision to take responsibility and see things fixed.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I'm most certain they feel shame and humiliation after that schooling, particularly in front of their Fathers. Am also certain that this schooling did not come from any lack of effort and that the fact their Fathers were in attendance backs that up.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I'm most certain they feel shame and humiliation after that schooling, particularly in front of their Fathers. Am also certain that this schooling did not come from any lack of effort and that the fact their Fathers were in attendance backs that up.

Well, to me, it seemed like they weren't really in the game. Apparently Tocchet thought that as well as he said during his post game interview. Of course, take that as seriously as you want or not.

However, I think if you're saying they played 100% effort in that game and the product was that 6-0 whooping, then this team has absolutely no hope now or in the future. As an NHL team, if that's what they consider a good effort, then I can't really call that an NHL quality team. Fairly enough, with the Yotes record this season, it can be argued whether they are NHL quality or not. But they certainly have some NHL quality players.

Maybe that's just me as a fan with wishful thinking, but I would rather believe that they somehow didn't come out with their best and that they can change it going forward for the better. Because giving 100% effort with that result would mean they just will never be any good.

Also, I do believe they didn't give 100% effort because we have all seen them do MUCH much better with better effort in games recently. This game against the Kings was an abomination. To steal a line from a series of books just for fun... perhaps they "forgot the face of their fathers", lol.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
. One of the most disappointing things to me about this game was that their dads were watching and that was the best effort they could muster? Do they have no shame or feel no humiliation? Because that game was the definition of humiliation... to be absolutely crushed like that in front of your dads.

From the few pans to the Dads' suite (I was watching the LA feed), it looked like most of them were on their phones, probably texting any of their contacts to contact Chayka about possible trades.
"emergency. please rescue my son, [insert player name] from this purgatory of a team. He will re-sign for cheap and give 100% more effort playing for a competitive team with a viable strategy. Please contact JC ASAP"

Last edited:
Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Well, to me, it seemed like they weren't really in the game. Apparently Tocchet thought that as well as he said during his post game interview. Of course, take that as seriously as you want or not.

However, I think if you're saying they played 100% effort in that game and the product was that 6-0 whooping, then this team has absolutely no hope now or in the future. As an NHL team, if that's what they consider a good effort, then I can't really call that an NHL quality team. Fairly enough, with the Yotes record this season, it can be argued whether they are NHL quality or not. But they certainly have some NHL quality players.

Maybe that's just me as a fan with wishful thinking, but I would rather believe that they somehow didn't come out with their best and that they can change it going forward for the better. Because giving 100% effort with that result would mean they just will never be any good.

Also, I do believe they didn't give 100% effort because we have all seen them do MUCH much better with better effort in games recently. This game against the Kings was an abomination. To steal a line from a series of books just for fun... perhaps they "forgot the face of their fathers", lol.
Do we side with RT when convenient and then blast him when it is not? I personally Doan care what RT says's (unless it's convenient and he agrees with me :laugh:), but I saw us just flat out get overwhelmed by a better opponent, similar to what the Stars did after taking the first period off against us.

No worries my friend, just wanted my take on record, as it varies from what the general consensu seems to be here.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Any other stuff from a decade ago you want to pretend is relevant? Let's take this one-on-one. Do you have AIM on your Blackberry?
20 point+ decline pace this year with a better roster, thats 30%, is that relevant enough?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad