GDT: Game 52 - CBJ @ BUF - 1 Feb, 1pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Welcome back! We return from the break with an afternoon matchup against a team that is on-paper amazing and on-ice depressing. Which is probably why it looks like Kivy is starting.

Notes and projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Of Note
The Blue Jackets are riding a season-high six-game win streak. … Columbus joins Tampa Bay, Florida and Edmonton as the only teams to earn points in eight of the last 10 games. … Atkinson has eight goals in his last 12 games, while Bjorkstrand has nine in his last six including a four two-goal games. … Vladislav Gavrikov is plus-18 since Dec. 5, best in the NHL, while Pierre-Luc Dubois is plus-14 in that span with 20 points in 24 games. … Alexander Wennberg is one point from 200 in his CBJ career, while Atkinson is two goals from the 200 mark. … Columbus won the first matchup between the teams on Oct. 7, a 4-3 overtime victory for the Blue Jackets. Bjorkstrand, Atkinson and Nick Foligno scored before Alexandre Texier won the game in overtime. It was just the Jackets' third game of the season.
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Nick Foligno - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Gustav Nyquist - Alexander Wennberg - Cam Atkinson
Nathan Gerbe - Boone Jenner - Emil Bemstrom
Jakob Lilja - Riley Nash - Eric Robinson

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Scott Harrington - Markus Nutivaara

Matiss Kivlenieks
Elvis Merzlikins

Scratches: Sonny Milano, Joonas Korpisalo (injury)

Roster Report: The Blue Jackets have not made any roster moves since the end of the first half, but Josh Anderson - out since Dec. 14 with an upper-body injury - did travel with the team after returning to practice Thursday. Kivlenieks was the first goalie off the ice after Friday's practice and could get the start.

sabres.nhl.com has a preview article with Buffalo's Friday practice lineup, which may be what we're facing:

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Sabres' last game:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Side note: I'm going to miss most of this one due to a celebration of my mother's 60th and my niece's 14th birthdays; I didn't notice the time conflict until it was too late. So, play nice. :)

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
All I can say is:
its-here-its-finally-here-memtyeneiator-net-its-here-its-finally-51721315.png

finally-its-here-memegenerator-net-finally-its-here-picard-yes-49059857.png

It feels like it's been:

tenor.gif

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    781.2 KB · Views: 0
  • tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
  • tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
  • tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
Reactions: Socks and Monk

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
They cant afford to lose this game.

Go Jackets.

Ps. Holy shit that break was long!

Last edited:

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Ugh! Saturday 8pm and Jackets are playing. This is what i have been waiting for. Theres some magic to wake up 2am but finally i dont have to. If Kiv starts im little scared what it can bring. He was great in his debut but one game is just one game. Rest 30games and we cant lose any game for team thats under us. Hopefully tonight BJ's have energy and they can keep the momentun what was before the break! Sauna is ready, beers are ready, im ready. Lets go!

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Feels like its been a month since the last game... hopefully we don't play like it ;)

Lets do this! :yo:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Ugh! Saturday 8pm and Jackets are playing. This is what i have been waiting for. Theres some magic to wake up 2am but finally i dont have to. If Kiv starts im little scared what it can bring. He was great in his debut but one game is just one game. Rest 30games and we cant lose any game for team thats under us. Hopefully tonight BJ's have energy and they can keep the momentun what was before the break! Sauna is ready, beers are ready, im ready. Lets go!
He did play twice in Cleveland during the break. Once in a 5-2 win and then again the next day in relief of VV after he got pulled. He was definitely the better goaltender during that stretch as VV has not played well recently.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If Kiv is going to be the backup for the near future then he better play lights out or it will begin to dim the lights on the Jackets' playoff chances. 15 games in the month of February (at least there is an extra day this year) will put a strain on Elvis if doesn't get enough rest. Hopefully Korpi is back soon.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Kiv has improved quite a bit this year, and I am hoping the win in New York made him more confident. Hoping for another win today.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Just turned on the stream and saw Kivlenieks, f***ing sweet.

I just wanted to wish the endless torment for Sabres tonight, so huge torment that they just give up and retire their careers and defunct the team.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
My mind is tense and uneasy about this. A couple of early goals could change it though

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
If Kiv is going to be the backup for the near future then he better play lights out or it will begin to dim the lights on the Jackets' playoff chances. 15 games in the month of February (at least there is an extra day this year) will put a strain on Elvis if doesn't get enough rest. Hopefully Korpi is back soon.
Korpisalo is on the trip but hasn't practiced with the team yet. I'm still thinking mid February is on track at 6 weeks.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Go us. Good to be back.

not feeling great about this one. Buffalo is warmed up and has been playing since the break. They’re angry about their results. We have Matiss in net and we’re rusty. Hope to be wrong

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
What is the deal with playing Wennberg on left wall and Bemstrom in the middle where he can’t use his shot . Just dumb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad