Post-Game Talk: GAME 52 - AFTER 1772 DAYS THE BRUINS HAVE BEATEN WASHINGTON!!!!!! - Rask now all time leader in wins

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
HF Bruins trivia

Back when free agency opened up there were two posters who wanted Chris Wagner

Easily 2 of the most qualified members here to run a franchise

I was obviously one

Who was the other ?

Does it count that I asked for them to get someone who plays physical?

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
HF Bruins trivia

Back when free agency opened up there were two posters who wanted Chris Wagner

Easily 2 of the most qualified members here to run a franchise

I was obviously one

Who was the other ?
Won’t steel thunder but I wish I was posting then. Hit leader for forwards low cap hit. Playing where he should and won’t kill you if he moves up. Good call guys

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Tuukka Rask sets Bruins record in shutout win over Capitals - The Boston Globe

WASHINGTON — One goal was enough for the Bruins on Sunday as they ended five-plus years of misery against the Capitals thanks to a second-period goal by David Krejci, air-tight team defense, and outstanding work from Tuukka Rask, who became the winningest goaltender in Bruins history by pitching a shutout.

The Bruins’ 1-0 win over the defending Stanley Cup champions erased their longest losing streak against any opponent, and gave their starting netminder a result he deserved: his 253rd win, passing Tiny Thompson for No. 1 in franchise history. Rask, who is 7-0-2 in his last 10 starts, stopped 24 Washington attempts, garnering his — and his team’s — first win over the Caps since March 29, 2014.
Just finished watching it on DVR! Yaaaaaaahhhhhhooooooo!!!!

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Congrats on the win, 14 straight was probably too long to continue. I have a lot of friends that are Pats fans from my 3 yrs living there and my company being HQd there, so I'm rooting for the Pats tonight, and then I hope you all don't win another Championship for the next 44 years :D

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Starting to think I should never post in the GDT again.

I watched the game on DVR and didn’t finish until around 4:30.

I then read the GDT and it’s amazing just how many posts we (and I say we because I do the same thing when I watch live and post there) make that are so wrong in hindsight,

Not like it’s anything earth shattering....but it’s pretty amusing, TBH.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
What a huge win for this team. Caps have been a scheduled loss for way too long, great to have that streak finally broken.

And hats off to Rask for that performance and his accomplishment. Pretty damn grateful to see him playing like this right after that concussion as well.

Reactions: sarge88

jangerhofer

Dec 22, 2018
New Hampshire
Starting to think I should never post in the GDT again.

I watched the game on DVR and didn’t finish until around 4:30.

I then read the GDT and it’s amazing just how many posts we (and I say we because I do the same thing when I watch live and post there) make that are so wrong in hindsight,

Not like it’s anything earth shattering....but it’s pretty amusing, TBH.

Wait, you are telling me that my dumb predictions aren't deleted after they prove wildly inaccurate? :eek:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Wait, you are telling me that my dumb predictions aren't deleted after they prove wildly inaccurate? :eek:

Brb

P7PmvHY6kzAqY.gif

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
I was in to the centre of universe, Toronto, for my sister's birthday and never saw the game live.

Seeing the glorious result made the hour an 1/2 drive back home feel like 15 minutes.

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad