Post-Game Talk: GAME 52 - AFTER 1772 DAYS THE BRUINS HAVE BEATEN WASHINGTON!!!!!! - Rask now all time leader in wins

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-2-3_15-6-4.png

upload_2019-2-3_15-7-40.png

upload_2019-2-3_15-8-14.png

3181748291_f5f1c11605.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

upload_2019-2-3_15-6-37.png

upload_2019-2-3_15-6-59.png

upload_2019-2-3_12-1-44.png

Game Summary

Event Summary

Play by Play

Faceoff Summary

Faceoff Comparison

TOI Bruins

:bruins:caps

Last edited:
Reactions: smithformeragent

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Was that caps jersey from the first picture in the OP the jersey they were wearing the last time the Bs beat them?! :laugh:

Great win! Tuuks was a stud today

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Rask really wasn't kidding when he said he was going to end the streak today.

We really didn't get any secondary scoring for the third straight game, just 3 of the 5 guys who can put the puck in the net making a beautiful play.

Felt great to get that win but how long can they go without a true goal from the 2nd-4th line?

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Yet another vezina-like perfomace from Holtby, 37 saves, but this time it wasn't enough. Take that L.
When was the last time we scored more than 3 goals? And when was the last time we got a goal from somebody else than just the big 3 + Krejci? Goalscoring went as dry as ever.

Reactions: Strafer

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Tuukka.

D was great, especially Carlo, calm under pressure, good passes out.

As someone mentioned in the gdt thread, don godfather i believe and basically everyone in the last few weeks...we have great defense, great goaltending, outstanding first line, excellent 2nd line center - it's time to go all in on scoring help. It's now or never...i mean we can do it next year but why wait, it's silly.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Agreed. I’m getting buckled today. Screw it.

:D:laugh::naughty::nod::laugh: You won't be alone.... There will be a "few" people with you!

Carlo with 2 mins left, 2 guys allover him, perfect pass out to our winger, forgot who he was, not important.

Great game again.

Carlo played an efficient, clean, unemotional game. He's really developing into a playaah!:thumbu:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Much needed win. Some scary moments that were neutralized by Tuukka. Bs cannot win every big game 1-0. Still need that scoring winger. Crazy how good things happen when Krejci has a great winger on his line, as the lone goal was scored when Pasta was on the ice with 46. As much crap as Chara gets, some warranted regarding his puck handling and passing, he is still a very effective defender. I thought he and Carlo did a great job when the Caps were set up in the D zone. No doubt at this point who the most important young D is for this team right now. Griz and Krug also battled hard and were effective, with Krug's beauty pass to Krejci being the difference maker. Killer and Charlie weren't so hot, but thank goodness their shoddy plays didn't hurt the Bs in the end.

This team with a scoring winger and seasoned 3C can absolutely make a run. Frustrating as hell playing the waiting game, not knowing if Sweeney is going to come up big or whiff.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Guys we need to get scorers no way we can win like this all time. We have great D and goaltending but we need someone who can put it in. Debrusk danton cehlerik backes have disappeared . This is not recipe for success.

Take a breather to celebrate the win that gave Tuukka a franchise record and got the monkey off their back.

That was awesome, felt like a playoff game and the Bruins played a full 60. This is very fulfilling for me, imagine the boys feel that way too. Maybe some confidence will return...and Chara was way better in this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad