GDT: Game 51: Vegas @ Coyotes - 7:00 PM - BSAZ+

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Anyone know the setup the nhl will have next year? Just curious since I'm in dallas now and they are supposed to move to the central.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Damned auto correct. I meant growth and development.
IDK, while Bunting caught my eye (in what seems forever ago) at his first camp, it’s conceivable that we can look at this as a g&d success, is it not? Who are we to say that he’d have had such success earlier? We still don’t know if this recent success will be sustainable.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I would consider keeping Goose, he is a solid second pairing D. Chych has scored a lot of goals but his D play isn't as good as Goose or OEL at this time, but it is getting better. I see the D pairings next year as:

Goose/Chych
OEL/?
Hjam/Osterle/Bush/whoever

If we don't sign Goose (short term) we then need a 1RHD and a 2RHD. I had rather keep him and only have to find one RHD capable of second or first pairing minutes. We don't have anyone in the system capable of that as an RHD, our biggest hole besides a 1C.
I think Hammer and Oesterle are gone, along with Demers. Hopefully someone from Tucson will step up next training camp. Don't forget about that blue chip Russian D we signed.

Dirty Old Man

Anti-chatter Engine
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Anyone know the setup the nhl will have next year? Just curious since I'm in dallas now and they are supposed to move to the central.

Has anyone heard anything other than "they'll revert to the 2019-20 alignment, except Seattle comes into the Pacific and Arizona moves to the Central"?

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia

Has anyone heard anything other than "they'll revert to the 2019-20 alignment, except Seattle comes into the Pacific and Arizona moves to the Central"?
"19. Teams were given two schedule options for the 2021–22 season. The Canadian Division will be a one-year wonder, as we revert to the previous set-up.
Option I: Home-and-home with the opposing conference (32 games); three versus the other division in your conference (24 games); 26 in your division (four against five of the other teams, three against the other two). That leads to the previous playoff format, as well.
Option II: Home-and-home with the other three divisions (48 games); four versus each divisional opponent (28 games); leaving room for six “special” games, such as historical or geographical rivals. For example, we could ask for more Toronto/Vancouver — starting at 4:00 p.m. Pacific, of course. Those would likely be divisional playoffs."

This is from 31 thoughts from last week. I doubt that decision is made before the playoffs are over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->