Post-Game Talk: Game 51 - Enjoy Vacation Bruins - BRUINS 3 Vegas 2 F

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Now that Ritchie is gone Danton Heinen reverts to being The Designated Whipping Boy.
You can make a post about debrusk disappearing for 10 games after he scores, but it’s not fair to say anything about poor Danton. He didn’t have a great game until that very nice play. Just like when backes and Ritchie sucked equally as bad, it was only ok in your eyes to get on Ritchie. Everyone here has a whipping boy.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
You can make a post about debrusk disappearing for 10 games after he scores, but it’s not fair to say anything about poor Danton. He didn’t have a great game until that very nice play. Just like when backes and Ritchie sucked equally as bad, it was only ok in your eyes to get on Ritchie. Everyone here has a whipping boy.

DeBrusk does disappear too often, he needs to be more consistent especially since he doesn't bring much else besides goal scoring. Heinen has tough games to be sure (like all of his teammates) and last night was one of them but for the most part he is a very reliable player. I think his biggest problem is constantly being shifted up & down the lineup, Cassidy needs to put him on 1 line and just leave him there.

For the record my whipping boy is #63. I can't stand him.

False Start

May 8, 2018
Danton Heinen has killed a lot of y’all’s dogs huh?

You know what I've come around on Heinen.

If he's our 9th best forward that's not too bad, it could be worse. Not his fault he's not capable of being any better than that on a contending team.

Those of us with higher expectations wanted Heinen to desperately fill that 8th/9th forward role, and to play it well. He's just so far, a very average 9th forward.

All up to Sweeney to bring in that one winger....

Reactions: CDJ

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? No Danton Coyle? I am crushed. :cry:
Trying again....

xUOwGebPearJp3Qh6o.gif

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Heinen is the odd forward out for me. Heinen, a pick and a prospect for a solid upgrade should be on the table.
The way Heinen played tonight with krejci, Id keep him, but try to find a RW for them along the lines of Anderson,Toffoli or C.smith.

He's an NHL player, very passive at times but NHL players are nice to have when your rolling into the playoffs, but if trading him helps bring in a top six forward sure, but Im not trading him just for the sake of dealing him.

For an up grade and to gain some much needed cap room, sure.

Reactions: BMC and lopey

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Debrusk battled his ass off tonight. He had the jump early and the motor was running all night.

Kuhlman i thought also had a very strong game. If he could ever add a tiny bit of finesse to his game he would be a special player. He goes everywhere full speed.

i like him, but Heinen is still off. Soft and lazy on pucks and is stripped too easy. He’s been a big minus lately for me.

Keep Lauzon around. Even without the goal he’s a gamer.

they have some decisions to make here, and i think they’re just about forced to move a defender or two. I’m excited. I’m scared.

Though he was the only forward last night that was +2.

And at +7 for the season, Krejci and the first line are the only forwards ahead of him.

Bjork has to cut down his giveaways at both blue lines.

Lauzon looks like a keeper.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Good win last night and the team gets a good rest
Really looks like Marchand could use the rest he is played allot of hockey so far

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
read more than my share from our friend @BMC speaking to wanting to see more consistency from Heinen when warranted so relax.

I too am a huge Heinen fan who thinks he can produce more, he did have a giveaway last night where he needed to be strong on the puck but he, Kuhlman and DK kept the Knights on their heels all night and Heinen was standing right where far too many Bruins don`t on Lauzon`s goal and that`s right in front of the net screening Fleury, then he made a subtle yet smart pass to Carlo to help on the game winner

Did he have a great game? Probably not, but he was hardly garbage all night

Kuhlman and that pursuit speed started that GWG play too which doesn`t show up on the scoresheet. Liked Butch sticking with them and not racing to switch things up immediately

Was not terribly impressed by the boys over the first two periods, plenty of shots but all 1 and done`s, playing like they were looking forward to a vacation. Thought Halak was putrid on the 1st goal and although a strong shot, should have had the 2nd but in the 3rd made THE saves when needed

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You know what I've come around on Heinen.

If he's our 9th best forward that's not too bad, it could be worse. Not his fault he's not capable of being any better than that on a contending team.

Those of us with higher expectations wanted Heinen to desperately fill that 8th/9th forward role, and to play it well. He's just so far, a very average 9th forward.

All up to Sweeney to bring in that one winger....

like to see him produce with more consistency but I need to keep in mind that this guy was what? 4th round player and it`s those picks where scouts earn their keep. He ain`t perfect nor does he earn/deserve the venom he gets here

I would wager if you asked 30 GM`s around the league though, they would be far more generous than you when describing him as a "very average 9th forward"

Very average forwards aren`t on the ice with 2-3 minutes left in a one goal game when trying to preserve a lead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad