GDT: [Game #51] Dallas Stars @ Nashville Predators - 7:30 PM CT (BS-SW)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Catch him off guard by doing the exact same thing the first 3 shooters did? lol

Catch him off guard if he saw video of Peterson's shootout goal the other day.

Just looked like Peterson thought he saw room there and shot instead. Saros baited them all ig

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
At what point can we start pointing at Miro? He signed the big deal. How about he start producing like the player he is paid.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
At what point can we start pointing at Miro? He signed the big deal. How about he start producing like the player he is paid.

He's been playing really well lately actually imo, but still absolutely needs to be more aggressive offensively. I've liked his aggression these past couple of games however and he probably should have a couple more points in there, but we still need to see more of that and more consistent play out of him as well.

Worth noting that he's not fully healthy right now apparently

Reactions: Henderson33

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Miro had a rough game. He’s looked great the last few weeks though, even if the points aren’t coming.

I definitely think you can point at the system. They’re turtling and playing desperate for any points. They’d rather drain the game, get a point, and see if they get lucky enough to get the second point.

Their whole mindset has been to basically eliminate 5-on-5 and rely on special teams (which are even more up to chance) to win games. Especially players who’s primary skill is defense.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

Miro is scoring at a 0,56PPG. Expected is 0,60PPG.
He is right where he should.

Edit:
Also Miro is 8th among defenders in individual expected goals for and 2nd in individual high danger chances for. Doing all the right things.

Last edited:

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
As mentioned above, they kept trying to shoot 5 hole. After the second shooter, do something else! ITS NOT WORKING!!!

Also as mentioned above, Saros stole this one. This happens practically every game. Dallas can play with and or out play teams but the goalie, no matter who it is steals the game. I'd bet they would lose to an emergency back up against Buffalo or Montreal. Coaching seems to push quantity of shots, not quality. They take 100 crappy shots instead of trying to get some quality scoring chances.

Against what i just wrote above, they gave away this game with the powerplay in OT. They just skated around passing the puck around. Take some shots on goal. They have an extra guy, why not try and out work them in such a critical time. This team is horrid. Strike that, coaching is horrid. I'd love to see a completely new staff ASAP.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

One of the softest players in the league for sure. Not sure why he plays so scared.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
We saw a few drives to the net from Miro last week. The obvious question is why he doesn't do it more often, especially since Klinger is slowing down in that dept and by all accounts will be gone, so Miro and Harley need to start taking over the offensive defensman role.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Harley has been settling in nicely, he doesn't look out of place in the NHL anymore. I'm sure his game will continue to grow, but I think he has the toolkit to become a good top 4 D.

I agree.

It's certainly been interesting watching him play with Klingberg and Hakanpaa; gives him a taste of both worlds (having to cover defensively for Klingberg at times and trying to be the offensive guy with Hakanpaa). :laugh:

It'd be nice to see him get some PP time.

Reactions: Elysian

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Harley has to stay in the line up permanently now. The last week he has looked comfortable and taking him out would possibly restart the whole process. My opinion of him has changed in one week.

I wonder if Sekera is hurt or just pulling a Comeau. I’d love to move on from Faksa, Radulov, and see if anyone will take Sekera as a dump. Maybe a team who wants a veteran 7th dman.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I wonder if Sekera is hurt or just pulling a Comeau. I’d love to move on from Faksa, Radulov, and see if anyone will take Sekera as a dump. Maybe a team who wants a veteran 7th dman.

If they had the guts to blow up the Faksa line (he gets top six minutes in all situations so they won't), I think Radulov would be worth keeping. Him and Peterson have a 57% expected goal share when on the ice and that's with Kiviranta...who we can probably safely assume isn't actively helping them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad