GDT: Game 51: Coyotes @ Sharks - FSAZP - 8:30 PM - 2/2/19

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
The best thing this team has going is the PK, and he isn’t coaching it. I like RT, but I think just squeaking into the playoffs is a little light as justification for coach of the year. Maybe 2020, if they continue on this trajectory, make a top three playoff spot.

That's fair, and honestly I agree. I don't want him to get coach of the year for just making the playoffs. But it's the coach of the year. I imagine they will look at last year compared to this year to determine the outcome. One of the worst teams to making the playoffs, that might raise an eyebrow and put him into the talk. I couldn't care less as long as the change from last year to this year continues to future years. The injuries we have had only adds into the possibility of his name in contention for it. I wouldn't have expected us to be where we are with all the injuries, and not sure many others would.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I like how the organist mixed in like 4 seconds of "Tom Sawyer" for no reason in between chants.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I’m actually pleased with their play. They are playing a nice, tight defensive game as the away team.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
That was some hella good puck luck that it bounced over a Sharks stick on the boards, good play to take it right to the net. And it wasn't even Garland sacrificing his face to do it.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Keller is dangling way too much. Cruise just had a very good sequence in the crease.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Garland and Bush are hopefully here for a long time. I don't think I ever foresaw me saying that sentence.

Reactions: _Del_

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad