Pre-Game Talk: Game 50: Winnipeg vs Boston Jan 29 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
That will be a tough one, at least they play at the Garden.
On the app "The Score" is says "Rask (expected)" , anyone knows where they get that info?
Or they just use their own "guess-o-meter" ?

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Bruins Announce Transactions

"Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, January 28, the following transactions: Tuukka Rask has been placed on injured reserve retroactive to January 19; Zane McIntyre has been recalled from Providence on an emergency basis; Ryan Donato and Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson have been assigned to Providence; Peter Cehlarik and Trent Frederic have been recalled from Providence."

giphy.gif

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Happy to see Frederic get a look right after the break. Not sure he'll be the answer, but I think he's the type of center that Boston needs on that 3rd line.

Also nice to see Sweeney and Co willing to send down guys that just don't seem to be getting it done. I thought JFK had been improving game by game, but with Frederic up, it only makes sense that he'd go down.

Reactions: GloveSave1

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Excited to see Frederic. I know Sweeney is just trying to test all the internal options before he makes a trade but still hoping he has a good game. Heard great things about him but haven't had a chance to see him play much.

Could really use two points here...take back our spot from Montreal. Knowing this team we will put out a great win vs Winnipeg and then lose 2-1 again Philly on Thursday.

Reactions: BMC

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Feels like Sweeney/Cassidy are trying to re-create that Heinen-Nash-Backes line from last season. I hope Frederic can be that guy because it was an effective line last year.

It was an effective line for a good stretch when Heinen especially was offensively clicking. It was always a responsible line, but "effective" is a little strong from my POV when looking at the season in its entirety.

Elmer

Dec 18, 2014
Boston
Jets have a game in Philly tonight. A back to back on the road after 10 days off could prove taxing to them. Cautiously optimistic.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Trent Frederic

Center -- shoots L
Born Feb 11 1998 -- St. Louis, MO
[20 yrs. ago]
Height 6.02 -- Weight 200 [188 cm/91 kg]

10 goals / 17 Pts in 37 games.
47 PIM in PRO this year.

It will be interesting to see what he can do with the big club.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Bruins Announce Transactions

"Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, January 28, the following transactions: Tuukka Rask has been placed on injured reserve retroactive to January 19; Zane McIntyre has been recalled from Providence on an emergency basis; Ryan Donato and Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson have been assigned to Providence; Peter Cehlarik and Trent Frederic have been recalled from Providence."

giphy.gif
Other than Tuukka, these are moves I can get behind.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It was an effective line for a good stretch when Heinen especially was offensively clicking. It was always a responsible line, but "effective" is a little strong from my POV when looking at the season in its entirety.

By "3rd line" standards, I'd say it was an effective line.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I guess being in the same division as Tampa and Toronto kind of messes with hopes for what your 3rd line can do.

To each their own. I don't get to inundated with comparing to TBL/TOR. If my 3rd line can play a shutdown role vs most lines and chip in some secondary offense then great, that's what I want.

Reactions: BMC and HockeyMomx2

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Poor tuukka

I understand it was a legal hit and all that, but I really wish someone just went after that Ranger and took the major. You need to make it loud and clear to the league that if you come at the net too hard, you’re probably going to be punched in the face and thrown around.

And I’m far from the “hockey needs more fighting” crowd.

Excited to see what frederic’s Got!

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
To each their own. I don't get to inundated with comparing to TBL/TOR. If my 3rd line can play a shutdown role vs most lines and chip in some secondary offense then great, that's what I want.

I agree. And we already play well against Leafs taking 3 out of 4 from them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->