Post-Game Talk: Game #50 |Pens vs Flyers | win | Sid: "I want to be the best. " You are buddy, we dont deserve you

Sid:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Since there are still people, at least one who won’t be named, who still bitch about Malkin and think we should get rid of him for the betterment of the team, I present the following comment posted on another site…it was addressed to a poster who thought we should trade Geno but that no one would want him lol…

“Since 2017-18 with at least 3750 mins played

Points per 60 minutes leaders:

Kucherov - 4.17
McDavid - 3.89
Marchand - 3.84
Malkin - 3.82
Pastrnak - 3.80

Crosby is 10th

Yeah, his contract definitely isn't justified by his production
facepalm.gif

Oh wait, let's talk about his giveaways....of the 5 listed, here's their rate of giveaways per 60 minutes

Kucherov - 3.02
McDavid - 2.8
Marchand - 3.26
Malkin - 3.54
Pastrnak - 3.77

Again, another
facepalm.gif

Okay, let's look at takeaways per 60 minutes

Kucherov - 2.05
McDavid - 3.19
Marchand - 2.26
Malkin - 3.54
Pastrnak - 2.01

For context, during this same date range, leaders in giveaways per 60:

Barzal - 4.31
Gaudreau - 3.92
Matheson - 3.78
Malkin - 3.54

Leaders in takeaways per 60

Stone - 3.89
Malkin - 3.27
Marner - 3.21
McDavid - 3.19
Backlund - 3.19

Imagine that, a player with talent that puts up a lot of points and turns the puck over as much other top players in the league but yet almost leads the league in takeaways per 60 too over the last 4 years. It's almost as if having the puck on your stick and attempting to make skilled plays results in turnovers more than less skilled players experience. Yes Malkin takes chances and turns pucks over and can probably clean up his game, no doubt. But he also produces points and has a ton of takeaways too (people just conveniently ignore that). His giveaways aren't far off some of the other skilled players in the league”

Reactions: KareemTrustfund

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
This team will not make it out of the first round as constructed. Not a possibility. They have most of the pieces though, just need the execution and to acquire one or two more guys in certain spots.
Agreed. The whole notion that we shouldn’t make any trades is such nonsense. We’ve been close for two years but have a coward GM that has no idea how to retool on the fly. Playing musical chairs in the bottom six for two seasons isn’t good enough. We have to stop trading assets! Durrrrp! Big talk when you refuse to even play them.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I think there is something to be said about Trotz knowing how to target Crosby.

Less than or 2 points in 3 of the last 5 series.

Very possible. In which case, not loading up our best wingers on his line for every game of those series was probably an option worth pursuing.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I am struggling to even remember the name of our AHL goalie from the '21 series. They weren't even a great AHL goalie. They weren't an option. It was a choice of how to lose. Blaming Sullivan for that one is like blaming someone for getting shot in their right foot rather than their left.

I'll take an unproven goalie over one getting shellacked nightly. That's not saying the goalie would have been good, but sometimes simply seeing a different mask line up behind you changes things.

We all know how it generally works for the Pens when an opposing coach pulls a starter we've been lighting up and replaces him with Joe Schmoe. They turn into prime Hasek.

The only unacceptable option was doing absolutely nothing.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I'll take an unproven goalie over one getting shellacked nightly. That's not saying the goalie would have been good, but sometimes simply seeing a different mask line up behind you changes things.

We all know how it generally works for the Pens when an opposing coach pulls a starter we've been lighting up and replaces him with Joe Schmoe. They turn into prime Hasek.

The only unacceptable option was doing absolutely nothing.
It was even more frustrating considering the Isles started Varly twice and Sorokin four times.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
There's way too many people arguing about coaching in here and not enough people talking about Geno congratulating himself on his assist.

I'll just see myself back out the way I came in.

Reactions: Peat and Zirakzigil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad