GDT: Game 50 - CBJ at NYR - 19 Jan, 7pm

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
It would be cool to see Kiv get a start. Like Byrral said, the players up front had better be ready.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Before the back to back I kind of wondered why the backup didnt get the NJ game but after watching that game it ended up being a good call. Facing that kind of volume causes fatique and fatique greatly increases the risk of injury

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Ban me from the boards for my profanity but holly **** if thats the truth. I wanted to wake up early to watch this game but now I will no longer be able to sleep at all. And it'll be effing monday...
Have there ever been two Latvian goalies dressed for the same team before Columbus this season ?

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
First game in a while where I'll be able to sit and have a drink. Might be needing it tonight lol

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I really don't see how Torts is getting all the credit for wins. He should get credit for good coaching, but the players on the ice get most of the credit because they are the ones playing. When I see Torts get out there and play I will give him more credit. If I remember correctly, when they weren't playing well early, it was pretty much all Torts bashing, with some exceptions. He was getting most of the blame for the losing. People wanted him gone without giving him a chance to try to turn things around. Three straight playoffs and at the first sign of adversity, he should be fired. Yeah the PP hasn't been that good since he has been here. Do you think that is the only reason this team hasn't won a cup in that time? It would be nice to cash in on power plays, but how much of a game are we on the power play? And if you are going to give the players credit for winning, shouldn't they shoulder some of the blame also for the bad power play? They are the ones out there playing. As far as the Monster players go, there were only three in the line up last night. Robinson doesn't count because he has been up most of the season. The guys coming up from the minors and doing good is a product of the farm team playing the same style as the big club. They just plugged them in and it worked out. It very well could have gone the opposite direction. Torts decisions are subject to criticism. People are also allowed to make points if they don't agree with said criticism. Doesn't make them wrong or right either.

It's all good. You are one of Tort's biggest defenders on this board. No problem with that.

I made one post in that thread and never have I called for Tort's to be fired (I have stated that I think he wont be here if they ever reach the pinnacle). As far as the bolded, that was not me as I gave this team no possible chance with the roster they put on the ice. That was always on Jarmo. I just wanted to see Torts give a little leash to the kids as it looked like they were going to struggle to stay out of the bottom of the league standings.

My main point has been all along that every time someone criticizes or questions this coach it is fought back with " look at the record, look what he has done with this team, Stanley Cup, record this/that, etc." I will continue to defend the ability to call him out just as you can debate the opposite. That's it. As fans we all want the same thing, a successful team.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming and hopefully another CBJ win.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Have there ever been two Latvian goalies dressed for the same team before Columbus this season ?
There have only been 5 Latvian Goalies in NHL History.

Arturs Irbe, Peter Skudra, Kristers Gudlevskis, Elvis and now Kivelenieks.

Technically 3 were CBJ but Irbe never played in Columbus due to the lockout.

Reactions: Lumbus

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
If true congrats and good luck to Kivlenieks. Team defense better step up it up a 100 notches over the last two games.

It would be cool to see Kiv get a start. Like Byrral said, the players up front had better be ready.

I sort of see this as being two fold after Torts comments last night.

1. Elvis needs a break and this would have been his 2nd back to back in this 10 game span and he said himself postgame he was running low on energy.
2. Torts wants this to be a motivator for the rest of the team to step up since they don't have Elvis back there saving their a**es like he has done for the last couple of games.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I sort of see this as being two fold after Torts comments last night.

1. Elvis needs a break and this would have been his 2nd back to back in this 10 game span and he said himself postgame he was running low on energy.
2. Torts wants this to be a motivator for the rest of the team to step up since they don't have Elvis back there saving their a**es like he has done for the last couple of games.
bingo! :clap:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
It's all good. You are one of Tort's biggest defenders on this board. No problem with that.

I made one post in that thread and never have I called for Tort's to be fired (I have stated that I think he wont be here if they ever reach the pinnacle). As far as the bolded, that was not me as I gave this team no possible chance with the roster they put on the ice. That was always on Jarmo. I just wanted to see Torts give a little leash to the kids as it looked like they were going to struggle to stay out of the bottom of the league standings.

My main point has been all along that every time someone criticizes or questions this coach it is fought back with " look at the record, look what he has done with this team, Stanley Cup, record this/that, etc." I will continue to defend the ability to call him out just as you can debate the opposite. That's it. As fans we all want the same thing, a successful team.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming and hopefully another CBJ win.
I defend Torts because I want continuity. Whether Torts goes or stays is irrelevant to me, I just don't want to see Columbus get in the habit of hiring and firing. I see enough of that in Cleveland. It can work sometimes, but not really too much. Columbus has had three pretty exciting seasons, although they didn't end the way we would have liked. I just don't think they need to shake things up just yet, and that is more why I defend Torts than anything else. This team isn't that far off that we need to change the coach, and or GM. Again, just my opinion. Another win would be nice tonight.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
omg prepare for bread to score 2 hat tricks. I sure hope kiv show up but I have really really really low expectation

Reactions: thebus88

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Elvis couldn't start after that game yesterday, he needs rest... That said playing a goalie for the first time in his NHL career vs the Rangers in New York is a receipt for disaster...

That said the Jackets will protect him, and we want to smoke Bread... I doubt we win this game but we might... Interesting game..

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I defend Torts because I want continuity. Whether Torts goes or stays is irrelevant to me, I just don't want to see Columbus get in the habit of hiring and firing. I see enough of that in Cleveland. It can work sometimes, but not really too much. Columbus has had three pretty exciting seasons, although they didn't end the way we would have liked. I just don't think they need to shake things up just yet, and that is more why I defend Torts than anything else. This team isn't that far off that we need to change the coach, and or GM. Again, just my opinion. Another win would be nice tonight.
Tortorella is the best CBJ head coach in history, I hope he gets pissed more often!!!

Reactions: Monstershockey

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Last 2 games won when we shouldn’t have. Can’t continue poor play and expect wins; team needs to pull it together so that the rookie tender doesn’t get sunburn on the back of his neck from the goal lamp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad