GDT: Game 50: Blue Jackets @ Lightning, 7PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Max Domi with an absolutely ridiculous effort to get that puck in the corner. I know he's likely being cautious because he's worried about the hand pass. But my god. He had a complete step on Point and lost the race because he stopped skating.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
Max Domi with an absolutely ridiculous effort to get that puck in the corner. I know he's likely being cautious because he's worried about the hand pass. But my god. He had a complete step on Point and lost the race because he stopped skating.

Edit Domi should have skated through the play.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Watching that OT sequence again, all I can say is we the tank shouldn’t look so obvious. My gosh it was like the Monty Python soccer skit with the nuns with us playing the nuns.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Umm, I think he lost and edge and fell. Jones should have picked up the Hedman coming in.
Jones was still on the ice after falling himself.

Play was a disaster from the start due to Domi going to the ice in an attempt to win the FO. Not sure why Roslovic (the best FO guy tonight) didn’t start the OT.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Umm, I think he lost and edge and fell. Jones should have picked up the Hedman coming in.

He lost his edge because Point took his lunch money with his lackadaisical skating. He should have got there first with more pep in his step.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
He lost his edge because Point took his lunch money with his lackadaisical skating. He should have got there first with more pep in his step.

Upon further review, Point actually trips Domi. While Domi should have had more hustle to the open puck, Point should have been dinged for tripping

Reactions: Cowumbus

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
So,
Robinson--Domi--Bjorkstrand... great in offense, not too good in defense
Dunne--MacInnis--Matteau...normal
Gerbe--Texier--Atkinson... minus
Laine--Roslovic--Atkinson...minus

Good news... Laine played quite good in defense
Bad news... he played bad in offense
Domi is an excelent playmaker and we must keep Robinson
I don`t understand Grigorenko didn`t show anything (except goal of course) but he has good stats

Last edited:

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Good news... Laine played quite good in defense
That is very good news.
Laine has to focus on getting better defensive.
If he can lift that to a decent level, well things would look much better for both him and the team.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
I think we have to sit Robinson. ;)
He simply has not understood the concept of this Tank maneuver,

Robinson you, must, at least one time, make a give away in front of our goalies, for each time you scores a goal.:D
If necessary and if the opposite team do not success capitalize on such give away, you must try one more time.:cool:
If that does not help, score one in our own goal, to compensate for your mis do, scoring real goals!

Because of you, we lost one point in the Tank competition.
That we simply can't have........

Last edited:

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Happy for Robinson and the fact they played pretty decent game against a contender. That 1 point hurts a bit though, but fortunately they didn't get 2.

For the lottery Columbus is now 5th both in points and in PPG.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
If look at the first Robinson goal, I do understand why Bjorky has problem scoring himself.

Then Borky is almost keepping four Lighting defensive player busy in front of the goal.
Lighting for sure seems to have a lot of the focus on him, with that in mind, he do a really good work contribute, with some assists.
That make this goal even more impressive for the entire unit.
There are no question who lighting sees as our first line.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Watching that OT sequence again, all I can say is we the tank shouldn’t look so obvious. My gosh it was like the Monty Python soccer skit with the nuns with us playing the nuns.

It had a similar vibe to me only it I saw it as the Bournemouth Gynecologists vs. the Long John Silver Impersonators.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
3rd on Korpisalo was just great, what a team player. If you get an injury drop effing dead and the ref will stop the game. You're a goalie not a skater. Tf was that? Your team is winning! I've seen goalies just raising hand when they get injured to raise the refs awareness that he's no good while the opposite team is making plays in the zone or close the net. Just effing do something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad