GDT: Game 50: Blue Jackets @ Lightning, 7PM EST

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Thank goodness this is a short season. I couldn’t imagine thirty more games of this. I realize the TDL was earlier but we were painful to watch even before the deadline.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It is just social media pics but it’s good to see Jones still smiling and cheesing it up for the camera with the teammates. Makes me have some sort of confidence that he’s not miserable here and might stay.

Last edited:

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Thank goodness this is a short season. I couldn’t imagine thirty more games of this. I realize the TDL was earlier but we were painful to watch even before the deadline.

It has been rough but this has probably been one of the more merciful tank seasons that I've seen from a team so far. For a while Columbus actually looked like they could make the playoffs, and then they quickly managed to ensure that they'll likely get a top 5 pick by going on a losing streak. In a shortened season. So it's not all bad. Not Buffalo Sabres bad.

Better to get a top pick than to barely miss the playoffs and get nothing basically.

Well, that's how it has been traditionally atleast, but nobody really knows about this year's draft. I do think that Columbus fans will appreciate this season in the future though, but obviously not in the present.

Reactions: LJ7201

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
It's a pity Emil Bemstrom is injured.
Btw, I wouldn't be suprised if TOP 6 would be (because Tex was in white dress):

Texier--Domi--Bjorkstrand
Laine--Roslovic--Atkinson

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It has been rough but this has probably been one of the more merciful tank seasons that I've seen from a team so far. For a while Columbus actually looked like they could make the playoffs, and then they quickly managed to ensure that they'll likely get a top 5 pick by going on a losing streak. In a shortened season. So it's not all bad. Not Buffalo Sabres bad.

Better to get a top pick than to barely miss the playoffs and get nothing basically.

Well, that's how it has been traditionally atleast, but nobody really knows about this year's draft. I do think that Columbus fans will appreciate this season in the future though, but obviously not in the present.

We'll see if the pick turns out, and perhaps more importantly how much Laine rebounds. This won't be a year we appreciate if he doesn't become a great player.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
This franchise's handling of Andrew Peeke is ludicrous. The dude has played 16 games since February 2020. Get him some games FFS

its an absolute ridiculous handling. You can double it with Carlsson too, although he’s not as annoying due to his very limited potential. But Jesus. Either Peeke isn’t as highly thought of as we think or we’re not actually going to count on him to play here next year. This handling is a disaster

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
its an absolute ridiculous handling. You can double it with Carlsson too, although he’s not as annoying due to his very limited potential. But Jesus. Either Peeke isn’t as highly thought of as we think or we’re not actually going to count on him to play here next year. This handling is a disaster
Don't get upset over it, our future are players as Gerbe, Matteau, Sherwood and similar (excepting MacInnis and Dunne they can be very good grinders) ... .:sarcasm:

I`m glad this game`ll be translated by Czech TV "Nova" . :thumbu:

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJWerenski8

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
We'll see if the pick turns out, and perhaps more importantly how much Laine rebounds. This won't be a year we appreciate if he doesn't become a great player.

Him becoming a great player to me is not that important. They already have gained unexpected value out of Roslovic, and if Laine goes on a hot streak and is traded at the right time, he can bring back some major assets to the team. Dubois also doesn't look too hot for the Jets, so maybe his value wasn't that high after all.

Obviously, Laine becoming great and going on to sign with Columbus for the long-term would be ideal for the franchise, but then that trade would've been a total steal for Columbus. I think you have to be realistic about such trades, the value that Columbus is getting out of Roslovic+Laine is already more than Winnipeg is getting out of Dubois.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Don't get upset over it, our future are players as Gerbe, Matteau, Sherwood and similar (excepting MacInnis and Dunne they can be very good grinders) ... .:sarcasm:

I`m glad this game`ll be translated by Czech TV "Nova" . :thumbu:
If Gerbe is the future, it’s gonna be bleak

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad